Lag Rule (LR) - Tell me ur thoughts

Archived Results from the Tour 2013

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 03 Apr 2013, 16:39

$her@z wrote:and one more thing on indoor hard u have high chances of hitting a short cross winner

The thing is that u guys hit winners like that in every surface
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Voja » 03 Apr 2013, 17:15

Dasp bug off, u could never be no1 anyway :wink:
Grand Slam Record holder #14 #formerly_known_as_superkid #55_singles_titles
Australian Open '11 '12 '13 '14 '15
Roland Garros '11 '15 '17
Wimbledon '12 '15
US Open '10 '11 '12 '15
+
WTF '11 ; Davis Cup '11 ; Olympic Tennis Event '12
User avatar
Voja
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1033
Gaming Since: 23 Jun 2009, 19:49
Location: Serbia

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 03 Apr 2013, 17:19

Voja wrote:Dasp bug off, u could never be no1 anyway :wink:

xD
I dont want to be no1, i want to play with the conditions i used to play when u guys were around.. If i recall there was no top player playing with ping higher than 200, now they all are
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby adner » 03 Apr 2013, 17:26

manutoo wrote:
adner,
it's working as intended, and as I said I always play with high Delay and almost never notice any real glitch (ie: the opponent hits the ball, then not hits it), maybe only 2 or 3 per set, this is quite acceptable for me.

Well, I think it's not the delay that's the issue but the bad connection quality.

manutoo wrote:If your opponent is lagging for you, then you're lagging for him as well, so it's fair (see my point #2 above).

Sure, so I guess it's up to you to decide whether players with better connections with Europe/US should be penalised because we're not used to playing with glitches or not.
manutoo wrote:What Mod told you that ?
Actually right now, there's a little issue to enforce the LR coz we don't have any Tour Mod in USA / Western Europe... Although Sampreas is in Bosnia so if his connection is fast, it could do the trick.

Yeah, Sampreas has a good connection. However, I think you should come up with a reasonable LR guideline that doesn't involve having to spend hours and hours trying to achieve a normal conditioned connection with someone who always ends up lagging. Then they get their ranking high and their RL percentage ridiculously high compared with their real skill.
adner
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 749
Gaming Since: 17 Nov 2008, 18:26
Location: Poland

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Algo » 03 Apr 2013, 21:49

Dasp wrote:xD
I dont want to be no1, i want to play with the conditions i used to play when u guys were around.. If i recall there was no top player playing with ping higher than 200, now they all are

Says nothing about current top players level, just says they have worse connection than formers (or they are further from you than formers) and again, not their fault... :unsure:
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2345
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 04 Apr 2013, 03:27

Algo wrote:Says nothing about current top players level, just says they have worse connection than formers (or they are further from you than formers) and again, not their fault... :unsure:

Some play for longer than me, and they never even got to the top 20 while "the others" were here and they suddently do now? I guess im just imagining things then :shock:
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Algo » 04 Apr 2013, 03:38

Dasp wrote:Some play for longer than me, and they never even got to the top 20 while "the others" were here and they suddently do now? I guess im just imagining things then :shock:

Or it may be related to settings change and they being more suited to them.
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2345
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 04 Apr 2013, 03:41

Algo wrote:Or it may be related to settings change and they being more suited to them.

The setting changed about 2 months ago, they learn to play amazing in such little time? If u noticed the ones who were good before remained the same, now either they have superhuman learning or there is something wrong here
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 04 Apr 2013, 03:48

Anyway i've said everything i had to say about this.. If someone else wants to reinforce my opinion good, if not lets just remain like this
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Algo » 04 Apr 2013, 03:54

The only guys from Top 20 that could be LR'd out of a match are Kuga and StivenT. I wouldn't use StivenT as an argument of someone who only has lag in his game and has to thank that for his level, we play nearly everyday and I know his "new" (he was already good) level is related to settings change.
I'd take Kuga out too, you don't get to 2800 by just being a lagger, you've to have at least a little something else than that, otherwise everyone would only retire from the matchs (at least I do, if there is much lag to play and it's an exo, I just go).
Taking Top 30 (i.e all people that have their small tournaments limited which I'd say is a criterion to separate them from the rest), we now have Sheraz, Ayoub Rima and if he's still active, Achraf.
Can you say they don't have anything more in their game than lag?
Edit: forgot Victoria Azarenka V.A and vampirezattitude aka sania
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2345
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 04 Apr 2013, 04:12

Algo wrote:The only guys from Top 20 that could be LR'd out of a match are Kuga and StivenT. I wouldn't use StivenT as an argument of someone who only has lag in his game and has to thank that for his level, we play nearly everyday and I know his "new" (he was already good) level is related to settings change.
I'd take Kuga out too, you don't get to 2800 by just being a lagger, you've to have at least a little something else than that, otherwise everyone would only retire from the matchs (at least I do, if there is much lag to play and it's an exo, I just go).
Taking Top 30 (i.e all people that have their small tournaments limited which I'd say is a criterion to separate them from the rest), we now have Sheraz, Ayoub Rima and if he's still active, Achraf.
Can you say they don't have anything more in their game than lag?
Edit: forgot Victoria Azarenka V.A and vampirezattitude aka sania

When i mean top 20 i mean reaching the final rounds of tournaments, im not beeing literal cuz if i was beeing literal inside the top 20 there are not many players still playing which would make the true top20 like top40, but u get the point i think..
Another thing is that u cant evaluate a player according to ELO, i mean everyone is 2000+ now, which is awkward cuz before having such an high ELO was like unique, now 2000+ players are baggeled every day so no surprise to see people with 3000 or 4000..
And something else that i said and reaffirm is that mediocre(average not bad) players raised there level alot lately due to some weird styles that are amazingly adapted for high ping, and that is all..
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby manutoo » 04 Apr 2013, 06:32

Dasp,
glitches are not coz of high Delay but coz of unstable connections, which has more chance to happen when your opponent is far, coz more stuff operate between you two in that case.

Maybe other people feel same you, but that doesn't change the fact that there's no change on your movement or on ball physics from opponent strikes.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15575
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Nadalesque » 04 Apr 2013, 08:30

Dasp wrote:Anyway i've said everything i had to say about this.. If someone else wants to reinforce my opinion good, if not lets just remain like this


Dasp , accept the fact that you are a 'no good' player. So why do u keep crying ? You can't beat me , that's a fact. You are lucky that u are playing me with a ping of 230 , else , with a ping of 150 , it would have been a double bagel :mrgreen: My player seems to be even faster in those conditions. So stop complaining , its not going to help . :dance:
Miami 2013, Monte Carlo 2013 , Madrid 2013 , Rome 2013, 2014, Toronto 2014

Roland Garros 2013, 2014

King of Clay :cool:
Nadalesque
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 120
Gaming Since: 14 Jan 2013, 13:34
Location: Mumbai

Re: LR-tell me ur thoughts

Postby Dasp » 04 Apr 2013, 15:03

Nadalesque wrote:Dasp , accept the fact that you are a 'no good' player. So why do u keep crying ? You can't beat me , that's a fact. You are lucky that u are playing me with a ping of 230 , else , with a ping of 150 , it would have been a double bagel :mrgreen: My player seems to be even faster in those conditions. So stop complaining , its not going to help . :dance:

Ahah dude you're funny :lol:
Some facts: Look at your ranking and look at mine, yeah im no good ':D Then im currently the only player in this tour that has won a medal in OLY, and i did that against the best generation of players ever, not speaking in a semi at USO against the same players.. So get your shit together and realize that u are just another lagger that will disappear in a couple of months when an update is made, cuz the truth is if the other guys were here u wouldnt even pass the first rounds MOMMY ;)
Now like i said, im done talking about this so hasta la vista 8-)
"Shhh quiet!! Genius at work ;)"
User avatar
Dasp
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 295
Gaming Since: 23 Jul 2011, 19:09
Location: Portugal

Re: Lag Rule (LR) - Tell me ur thoughts

Postby Stajus » 04 Apr 2013, 15:29

Nadalesque wrote:
Dasp , accept the fact that you are a 'no good' player. So why do u keep crying ? You can't beat me , that's a fact. You are lucky that u are playing me with a ping of 230 , else , with a ping of 150 , it would have been a double bagel :mrgreen: My player seems to be even faster in those conditions. So stop complaining , its not going to help . :dance:


Lol, what a classy post :roll: And you play with like 100 spin and net spam? That's what I heard, tell me if I'm wrong.
Clearly the game is not balanced if you can keep winning with those "kiddy" stats :roll: Unrealistic and boring, no one should even be competitive with 100% spin unless it's clay or something and even then it should be very very very difficult - like before. 30-40% topspin and still competitive = cool, 100% topspin and winning big titles = get a life and stop abusing the game's settings ;)
The TE's all-round and doubles GOAT :cool:
73 titles (7 S + 66 D) + Davis Cup + Team Cup
11 Grand Slam titles in doubles (out of 12 played)
Best singles ranking #3
Best doubles ranking #1
Olympics 2012 - singles bronze, doubles gold
User avatar
Stajus
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2522
Gaming Since: 15 Jul 2009, 05:36
Location: United Kingdom/Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Tour 2013

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest