So let's start with the good news : if you have missed it, the Alpha has been released 2 days ago, here => topic15-31984.php
The change to Alpha state is mainly because now all the different surfaces from the game are linked to a different stadium, giving a little feeling of the final version content-wise, even though it'll actually have 10 more stadiums, and the surface will be freely selectable for any stadium.
This means that I did the last 5 new stadiums on the expected timeline (ok, I was 1 day late
), which is the 1st time I could keep my rhythm and didn't have (too many) bad surprises (see below) along the way since a long time.
So now we can look a bit more forward and see what are the biggest things to do to go in the Early version stage :
- remove the management part from the World Tour so we'll get the classic TE2013 Tour gameplay
- integrate the female player (she's currently in production and hopefully be fully ready by end of January)
- add the online mode
Only the 1st point is mandatory, so the version label may change relatively fast, as it should be only 1 week or 10 days of work.
I'll quote myself from the previous post :
Life is tough and it freaking never stops...
And it does indeed never stops...
For the last hassles, I'll just make a quick list, else I'm going to fill pages & pages :
- bad toothaches
- when I came to notify my elderly but still massive neighbor that his son's dog was roaming freely and just ran to me & my son, barking the hell out at us, and thus scaring us, he threatened me to knock me down because I called the cops on the barking dog 1 year ago (we hadn't talked since that time), coz apparently, preventing a young-kid sick father to sleep & rest is ok because "dogs just bark" ; I couldn't believe he'd act like that, especially with my son around ; fortunately, he was behind my gate and didn't understand what's was going on, as I kept my calm and talked normally
- my son got sick again, coughing too much, and up to 40°c fever ; this time we met the kid doctor and she said it was just a bad cold : as my son still can't blow his nose nor sniff in the glanders, it just gets stuck in his airways, making him cough a lot
- my mum got scammed on Internet
- I'm sick ; I likely caught my son's cold and got my airways blocked as well, so I'm spitting green at the moment
- and some other small & bigger things that I don't have the mood to expose or think about
And on a better side :
- my newborn is fine, except he almost doesn't sleep in the day, coz he sleeps too much at night ; but it's not a too bad deal, even if my wife doesn't stop to complain about it...
So all in all, I need a little holiday break, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take it, as my son is going to be on x-mas holidays from tomorrow evening, asking me 50 questions per minute for 2 weeks... Integrating the Stadiums
To end this post, let's talk a bit about putting the stadiums into the game.
The process in itself is now really streamlined and requires at worst a half-day of work per stadium.
The issue is that most stadiums had some annoying glitches in their construction :
- all have little holes here & there, creating visual glitches when the camera moves ; some had really a lot of holes. So I had to move the vertices around, or even rebuilt the polygons to fixes all these holes, which can take quite a long time
- the Cincinnati Stadium court walls were too high, so I had to shorten them
- the artist put some high poly details far around the stadium (eg: metal structures around the giant TV screens) ; it was using way too many polys for something barely seen, potentially creating FPS hiccup when these parts would enter the field of vision (or would be near it) ; again, it takes time to fix that
So all in all, I guess I still won't be much faster than 2 stadiums per week for the 10 stadiums remaining, even if I wish I could make 3 or 4 per weeks.
I won't work on them again before a little while, though, as I'll prioritize playability & gameplay (ie: the main goal now is that TE4 has all that TE2013 has, so I can sell TE4 instead of TE2013 in the next few months).
That's all for today folks, cu next time for more news ! A comment, cheer or question about this mini-blog ? => topic15-31540.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.