Pfffffffff ! That was an intense week !
So in the order, that gives :
- worked my ass off to provide good game footage to the Motion Designer so he could create a good trailer, which included the addition of a smooth mouse mode and then an advanced smooth flyby mode with waypoints in the game
- designed & refined the trailer’s storyboard
- screenshots & gameplay video for the Greenlight page
- Key system & buy system for the game
- Race bonuses : it was even faster than what I planned ; instead of using the Talent System, I used the Class system which was very straightforward to apply the race bonuses (eg: +1 Strength, and stuff like that) ; and it contains the root for the Talents, so I could extend it if some Modders ask me about it
- some serious debugging & cleaning in the game
- pre-releasing the game for sale here => http://www.managames.com/DungeonGuardians/buy-the-game/
- writing & sending French Press Release
- posting in Forums over the Internet
- writing the English Press Release, feeling “meh” when reading it, and thus ending hiring services of a professional marketing agency in emergency !
- feverishly looking the Greenlight “Yes votes” counter raises, minute by minute, till breaking the Top 100 in 60 hours, and being #36 at time of this writing ! Hopefully, it means the game will get greenlit this week, but it still needs a bunch of votes to reach the Top 10, where it’ll be almost sure to get Steam’s eyes on it
So this new week will be hopefully a bit more quiet, with “only” :
- English PR handling
- finally designing & integrating the 3rd mage’s specialization
- adding a few different attack visual FX for the mobs, to bring a bit more variation to the game
- releasing the final 1.0 version (the Rogue class will come with v1.0a at end of the month)
- try to get some reviews on popular sites
- resting & sleeping a bit before I die..!
Cya in 1 week if I make it..!