Animation 101 : Tutorial & Tips, WIPs & Critics

Everything about Modding the game, from new courts to the modifications of the player & tournament bases (and including all the bugs they may be creating ! ;) )
Forum rules
Speak English in 1st page of topics, and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby megyaem » 07 Mar 2012, 15:42

I do some some improvements neeky :bounce: ...i was working on my animation in this days and I read what you posted and make some changes....Im sure that im doing better this time :dance: ..i change the speed...make it faster...i change a bit the stroke,a little above the hips.the yellow fingers i dont know why they do that,but i fixed it....ill send you the animation so you can tell me what more can I improve and to do the legs more realistic,like you said before. :applause:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qukyb5gz67t9pbz

by the way, a question....do you know how to record the game?...that way can I put videos of the animations!! :blackeye:
for help and support animations go here :
http://megyaemanimste.blogspot.com.ar/
User avatar
megyaem
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2280
Gaming Since: 28 Dec 2011, 22:15
Location: Corrientes,Argentina

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby m4n4c0r » 07 Mar 2012, 15:44

Hey Neeky,
Well, I have finished my first animation. Finally I'm pleased with it.
I did Federer's forehand. Right now, I'm working on Murray's backhand and thinking of Djokovic's forehand and Nadal's backhand.
Do you also work on them. I just want to know, because it would be shame when we both create the same strokes, right?
When I have finished these strokes, can I send you the files for checking and uploading them?
User avatar
m4n4c0r
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 82
Gaming Since: 26 Feb 2012, 00:26

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby SamModder » 07 Mar 2012, 16:01

m4n4c0r wrote:Hey Neeky,
Well, I have finished my first animation. Finally I'm pleased with it.
I did Federer's forehand. Right now, I'm working on Murray's backhand and thinking of Djokovic's forehand and Nadal's backhand.
Do you also work on them. I just want to know, because it would be shame when we both create the same strokes, right?
When I have finished these strokes, can I send you the files for checking and uploading them?


Can you upload Fed's FH please so we can try it? :)
User avatar
SamModder
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2370
Gaming Since: 21 Mar 2011, 19:28

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby megyaem » 07 Mar 2012, 16:05

oh..great...we are really into this!!! i like this!!! when I finished my Murray´s ForeHand Ill start to work on his serve!!!! :D :dance:
for help and support animations go here :
http://megyaemanimste.blogspot.com.ar/
User avatar
megyaem
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2280
Gaming Since: 28 Dec 2011, 22:15
Location: Corrientes,Argentina

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby megyaem » 07 Mar 2012, 16:56

why wait,right?...im working in Murray´s serve right now!! im really enjoy this....even if it take time and patient... :sweat:
for help and support animations go here :
http://megyaemanimste.blogspot.com.ar/
User avatar
megyaem
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2280
Gaming Since: 28 Dec 2011, 22:15
Location: Corrientes,Argentina

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby m4n4c0r » 07 Mar 2012, 20:12

SamModder wrote:Can you upload Fed's FH please so we can try it? :)


Hey Sam,
Actually, I want to release the strokes as a package. I thought it would be better, if Neeky will add them to his 1st post in his other thread. So, everybody can find them.
I'm a great fan of your Megapatch btw :mrgreen:
User avatar
m4n4c0r
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 82
Gaming Since: 26 Feb 2012, 00:26

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby Lucian86 » 07 Mar 2012, 20:38

m4n4c0r wrote:
Hey Sam,
Actually, I want to release the strokes as a package. I thought it would be better, if Neeky will add them to his 1st post in his other thread. So, everybody can find them.
I'm a great fan of your Megapatch btw :mrgreen:


Maybe you need a feedback from us to make some changes if necessary :)
Follow my blog: (videos and links for my tennis animations)
http://tlcanimations.blogspot.it/
User avatar
Lucian86
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 517
Gaming Since: 02 Nov 2011, 22:01

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby megyaem » 07 Mar 2012, 21:55

working on Murrays serve :dance: ....got a problem with the legs (again :sweat: ) and dont know yet how to make the jump :blackeye: ...the upperbody is fine...just need some adjustements!! hope you can help me Neekyyy!!!!!!! :applause: :D
for help and support animations go here :
http://megyaemanimste.blogspot.com.ar/
User avatar
megyaem
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2280
Gaming Since: 28 Dec 2011, 22:15
Location: Corrientes,Argentina

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby Neeky McDeez » 08 Mar 2012, 00:37

m4n4c0r wrote:Hey Neeky,
Well, I have finished my first animation. Finally I'm pleased with it.
I did Federer's forehand. Right now, I'm working on Murray's backhand and thinking of Djokovic's forehand and Nadal's backhand.
Do you also work on them. I just want to know, because it would be shame when we both create the same strokes, right?
When I have finished these strokes, can I send you the files for checking and uploading them?

Yeay, give me a link I told you if it needs improvement or not.
The animations I'm doing are not those of the top players (Delpo excepted but I'm a fan), I'm trying to do some players with particular styles, so If Megyaem and you keep making strokes from them, it shouldn't have doubles. So keep going ;)

m4n4c0r wrote:Hey Sam,
Actually, I want to release the strokes as a package. I thought it would be better, if Neeky will add them to his 1st post in his other thread. So, everybody can find them.
I'm a great fan of your Megapatch btw :mrgreen:

That was the idea : to have only one topic with all the animations. I will edit the title of it this week-end when I'll upload my new pack.

megyaem30 wrote:I do some some improvements neeky :bounce: ...i was working on my animation in this days and I read what you posted and make some changes....Im sure that im doing better this time :dance: ..i change the speed...make it faster...i change a bit the stroke,a little above the hips.the yellow fingers i dont know why they do that,but i fixed it....ill send you the animation so you can tell me what more can I improve and to do the legs more realistic,like you said before. :applause:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qukyb5gz67t9pbz

by the way, a question....do you know how to record the game?...that way can I put videos of the animations!! :blackeye:

I use Camtasia Recorder to record a windows (I play TE in windowed moed). It's easily findable on the internetz

About your animation, my advice first, is to focus on one before starting another. Don't do Murray's serve before finishing his forehand, because you should take you first animation as a pratice where you can make all the mistakes you want. Correct them on that one instead of multiples animations. The more you learn from the first one, the less mistakes you will make after.

-The speed looks better. I prefer myself, when the preparation is longer but when you take a look a Manutoo's animation, he does it your way, so it's not a problem. BUT, you should slow it down a little, I think the speed is too constant and it needs to have the feel of some sort of acceleration when your hit the ball followed by a slight deceleration. That brings a realistic touch to your model.

-Your animation should be smoother. It's too "craggy" for now. That might means that you have too much frames which force the movement of your animation. The less frames you are the smoother your animation is.

-Now that your legs are fine with your body you can fix the feet. For a forehand I always make it with the open stance because I think it's better in the rallies in game (on the opposite, on heavy winners it's less realistic) and for the backhands I choose the closed stance (basically because I only do 1h backhands).
For a open stance (talking about a righty), you normally have something like this (make the opposite for a closed stance) :
- waiting stance
- right foot moves forward then stops to hitting stance
- legs fold to accumulate power
- left foot moves vertically forward of on the left or both while the player is striking. It stops to "A. starting stance" or to "B. a little further on the left".
-right foot moves to the back to starting stance
- if on B. left foot moves to the right and back to starting stance.

Your feet should follow those steps.
symbols wrote:------ : frames
# or * : keyframes
# ----- # or * ------ * : same frame duplicated -> immobility (kind of)
# ----- * or * ------ # : different frames -> : movement


Code: Select all
right foot
# --- # ------- * ---------------- * ---- # ----------------
  stop   move          stop         move   stop til end

left foot
# ----------------- # ---------- * -------- * ------ # ------
           stop          move (A.)    stop   move (B.)   stop til end


If you looks carefully, you'll see that to make it realistic, you should only make a foot moves within the period when the otherone is stopped. If you follow this logic, your feet will always be good. Try it and tell me.

-The right hand's fingers are still weird but that's details, we'll look into this when the core of the animation is done.

-The head is moving and that's good, but at the keyframe when the head is looking at the right make it look a little more to the ground so it loookgs like the player is looking at the coming ball.

That's all for today :)
User avatar
Neeky McDeez
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 119
Gaming Since: 02 Jul 2009, 23:08
Location: France

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby megyaem » 08 Mar 2012, 01:56

great neeky!! thats are awesome tips!!! :dance: unfortunely,i need some translation :blackeye: ..jajaj...but is no problem.. :D !!! im gonna take your advice as very important...that one that you said that i focus in one animation...instead to do another one...sadly,already started the serve..but i let it hold...i dont know what "craggy" means :unsure: but i figure it out...i have to try doing the anim with less frames...this anim have 30 frames...about the frame...question...can copy a frame in another place to the time?I try it but couldnt do it...the things with the feet is slowly advanced...but is working...i hope that the next time i posted mi animation was ready to be tested by all the TE fans!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :mrgreen: :applause:
for help and support animations go here :
http://megyaemanimste.blogspot.com.ar/
User avatar
megyaem
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2280
Gaming Since: 28 Dec 2011, 22:15
Location: Corrientes,Argentina

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby m4n4c0r » 08 Mar 2012, 02:01

Lucian86 wrote:Maybe you need a feedback from us to make some changes if necessary :)


I uploaded 2 videos of Federer's forehand. Sorry for the bad quality but I recorded it with fraps and I don't know how to make better quality videos. :roll:
Please keep in mind that it is pretty hard to animate a stroke and perfection is impossible. It never can be 100 % realistic. I tried my best though :mrgreen: . Everbody can rate and I take feedback!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM70DdqHx-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAJ3a-XESD0

Neeky McDeez wrote:Yeay, give me a link I told you if it needs improvement or not.
The animations I'm doing are not those of the top players (Delpo excepted but I'm a fan), I'm trying to do some players with particular styles, so If Megyaem and you keep making strokes from them, it shouldn't have doubles. So keep going ;)


What all do you need? I uploaded 2 videos. Please tell what you think. If you want the whole file to look at it I can send it with e-mail.

Neeky McDeez wrote:That was the idea : to have only one topic with all the animations. I will edit the title of it this week-end when I'll upload my new pack.


I agree. One topic for all animation is better. Can't wait for your new pack.
User avatar
m4n4c0r
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 82
Gaming Since: 26 Feb 2012, 00:26

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby megyaem » 08 Mar 2012, 02:25

neeky,another question...how can i make the player it more in the center of the racket? there is something special for that?...i dont know if you tell this already...is a doubt that i had! :)
for help and support animations go here :
http://megyaemanimste.blogspot.com.ar/
User avatar
megyaem
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2280
Gaming Since: 28 Dec 2011, 22:15
Location: Corrientes,Argentina

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby Neeky McDeez » 08 Mar 2012, 10:34

m4n4c0r wrote:I uploaded 2 videos of Federer's forehand. Sorry for the bad quality but I recorded it with fraps and I don't know how to make better quality videos. :roll:
Please keep in mind that it is pretty hard to animate a stroke and perfection is impossible. It never can be 100 % realistic. I tried my best though :mrgreen: . Everbody can rate and I take feedback!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM70DdqHx-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAJ3a-XESD0

What all do you need? I uploaded 2 videos. Please tell what you think. If you want the whole file to look at it I can send it with e-mail.

:applause:
That's great, really ! You got the realistic feel in it too (little jump, smooth preparation and finish, the stroke's acceleration to hit the ball, the head nod...). That's quality stuff here ;)
User avatar
Neeky McDeez
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 119
Gaming Since: 02 Jul 2009, 23:08
Location: France

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby m4n4c0r » 08 Mar 2012, 14:03

Neeky McDeez wrote: :applause:
That's great, really ! You got the realistic feel in it too (little jump, smooth preparation and finish, the stroke's acceleration to hit the ball, the head nod...). That's quality stuff here ;)


Thanks for appreciation. I had a great mentor :wink: !!
User avatar
m4n4c0r
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 82
Gaming Since: 26 Feb 2012, 00:26

Re: Animation 101 (kind of...) by Neeky McDeez

Postby Lucian86 » 08 Mar 2012, 16:04



This is wonderful :applause: very smooth and very realistic...You reproduced very well the basic forehand motion of Federer; the problem is that Roger has various forehand animation depending on the situation but I think there's little to do about that (maybe in the next TE game). Anyway, I repet, the is the most common Federer forehand and you reproduce it very well: the preparation of the stroke, the motion and the fast acceleration at the end
Well done !

Thanks guys for improving this game ;)
Follow my blog: (videos and links for my tennis animations)
http://tlcanimations.blogspot.it/
User avatar
Lucian86
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 517
Gaming Since: 02 Nov 2011, 22:01

PreviousNext

Return to Modding [Courts, Players, Tour, ...]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 2 guests