Hi Manu! So I've tried out the latest build for a while now and I have some comments:
-I still have that annoying bug where the player automatically moves to the left, it's driving me mad because I really want to play more. Setting the controller dead zone to 0.65 seemed to have fixed it previously but it's back to how it was before.
-I encountered a bug where I can't pause the game. Don't really know what is causing it but it did happen after I alt tabbed out of the game, if that's any help. Then I went back to the main menu and the screen kept going back to the previous one after I pressed a button. I had to exit the game to stop it.
Regarding the new animations:
- I really liked the one where you reach for a high ball, that one seems mostly on point
- I also liked how they reach for a cornered ball and bending the knees when running across the court
- The knee bending animation didn't look great in all cases though, but I guess that you'll have to keep fine tuning it until it's perfect. Sometimes the knees would bend strangely for a really low ball and that looked kinda off
- Volleys look really good! The reaching animation for a smash also looks cool but might need a bit of fine tuning
- This happened only once but I think it's worth mentioning: the forehand animation didn't play correctly and the player did it after hitting the ball
- I set autopositioning to the lowest but my player always
corrected his positioning to hit a slice shot dead in the center of the racket. This only happened when hitting slices so maybe it was a choice you made. I did hit bad shots when out of position and not slicing
- I saw a forehand slice return which looked amazing. It was kind of a "safe" shot and looked like the one real players use when returning really fast serves. Is that a new animation or was that in the game before? Maybe I'm dreaming
I agree with some of the comments in this thread. Some animations will definitely need tuning and I'd die to see some improvements regarding footwork, as that's the only aspect where the game is lacking, especially when moving backwards.
About the game looking "silly", I can't really decide yet. Obviously gameplay should be top priority but I guess I'd rather not have those weird animations. I think making it look more realistic will make it better for the ones who are already playing the game and surely attract more people, but you'll know more about that than any of us. I understand you'd have to make compromises to make it work and that it could be really difficult so we'll understand whichever path you decide to go down on.
Sorry if this comment sounds mostly negative, I've already talked a lot about the things I love from TE. All in all, I think this update really brings another great element to an already great game and I believe these small details will turn it into the ultimate tennis simulator. Cheers!