with a 5-month delay over what was announced in last November 2018, here's the TE4 prototype !
More info about TE4 : topic15-30551.php
.Pre-ordering TE4 & getting your download link
Pre-order the game with a 10% discount to get your License Key & your download link now : https://www.managames.com/buy.php?g=TE4
(Alternate way with additional payment methods : https://www.managames.com/buy.php?g=TE4&Alt=1
Only the Windows download link is available now. MacOS version might come tomorrow. (EDIT: MacOS version was released
If you pre-order now, you'll get a free Steam Key once the game will be available on Steam.
If you already pre-ordered the game, request your License Key email be resent from here to get your download link : https://www.managames.com/Key_en.php?Lost&game=TE4
(I'll send it automatically again to you tomorrow).Requirements
- 64-bit Windows 7/8/10 or macOS 10.12+
- 4GB of RAM
- For the 3D courts with high quality, a 3D card with about 5000 points here https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
, and DirectX 11 support
- For the 2D courts, an IGP or a 3D card with about 1000 points here https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/mid_range_gpus.html
, and DirectX 11 supportWhat is a Prototype ?
So a prototype can be resumed to : it's to test a concept, plus there's a lot of issues right now.
The main concept to test here is the new rendering engine, its performances, the rendering quality and if it runs on most of your PCs or not.
Else, it's TEM2 + TE4 Menu Design + the new 3D clay stadium + new 3D props (but not players nor NPCs).
For the problems, here a non-exhausting list :
- the performances seem a bit low now ; in TEM2, I was getting 310 fps and in the prototype on TE4 around 117 fps (485 vs 126 without SSAO nor FSAA) ; this is not good enough, especially as there are not much polygons in my test view. I'll look into that and try to optimize in the incoming weeks.
- the new 3D clay court, the only 3D court available in the prototype, has too much space after the baseline : around 11m instead of 6 ; my 3D artist should fix that within a couple of weeks
- obviously, the new 3D players aren't there, so it's still the old TE2013 ones ; same for all the NPCs
- the 2D background rendering (it's the new name of the 2D court) doesn't work well, and right now for some unknown reason the lighting refuses to work on it (it might be some Unity bug, as it's working fine in the Unity editor
); actually, if you really want to play with the 2D court, at this point you'd be better playing TEM2 as it's better optimized and has fewer bugs
- Changing the Quality in Settings -> Video to Fastest gives an empty blue screen
- etc.No advertising
As the game still looks strange, with the mix between the old & the new stuff, you cannot publish publicly anything except here on the Mana Game forum.
If you want to do a Youtube video, set it to unlisted and you should still be able to embed it in a post here.Comments about the Prototype
Comments go there so the changelog will be easier to follow : topic15-31734.php
Suggestions for TE4 : topic15-30550.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.