What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Ivo ISNER » 08 Jul 2016, 00:16

I would really like to see a spectator mode for online matches, also with the gameplay, it should be just a tad bit more offensive, and i know you are working on gameplay, also when you are at the net, all the opponent has to do is hit a short shot of any kind, and the player will either hit a slice above the net, or another groundstroke.

GL with TE4, and your new baby,

Ivo ISNER
ITSTsingles:24-doubles:1
Tour Mod
tour rank: (singles)20 (Doubles)10
Biggest wins: doubles: def. Quasar 6-4 2-6 1-6 7-6(7) 12-10 Wimbledon r2
Singles: def. Sampreas 6-4 4-6 7-6(8)
User avatar
Ivo ISNER
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1427
Gaming Since: 07 Dec 2013, 15:16
Location: United States

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby MarkChan » 08 Jul 2016, 07:49

Suggestion for Doubles (and singles):
Make volleying much more effective at net when you are really closing in to the net/and make short-angled volley a lot easier. Becoz if you look at doubles, rallies are abnormally long as volleys are always defended and doubles in real life is about short point...
Singles Titles and Finalists:
250: Kuala Lumpur '15
Challenger: Georgia F1 '14,Wroclaw '16

Doubles Titles and Finalists:
GS: Australian Open '15,Roland Garros '15(RU)
Masters: Paris '14(RU),Madrid '15(RU),Rome '15(RU)
250: Kuala Lumpur '14,Doha '16
User avatar
MarkChan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 409
Gaming Since: 10 Jul 2012, 10:37
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Rob92 » 15 Jul 2016, 00:35

MarkChan wrote:Suggestion for Doubles (and singles):
Make volleying much more effective at net when you are really closing in to the net/and make short-angled volley a lot easier. Becoz if you look at doubles, rallies are abnormally long as volleys are always defended and doubles in real life is about short point...
Agreed, net play in general could do with quite a few changes imo...

Drop volleys can only currently be performed reliably when you are in perfect position and charge for a significant amount of time, when in real life this is all about feel and racquet head control, and can be performed on an extreme reach. When the ball is outside of easy reach in TE, all you can do is a very defendable slice or b1 safe volley. Look at how Dustin Brown plays, most of this guy's game is based around this type of shot and it's impossible right now in TE.

Picking the ball up on a half-volley is not a thing in TE right now - if you're not there for a full volley, you get a groundstroke animation which is almost always resulting in an error. Picking a ball up off the ground is a key skill in any volleyer's arsenal and a very deft technique, some players can even play very accurate and delicate shots from this position, but in TE it is always a lottery and nearly always an error even with very highly skilled volleyers.

On top of this, the angled volleys you talk about too, when the ball is slow and high, in real life even for an amateur player it is easy to put these away at impossible angles.

I'm not sure on an exact control scheme to make these shots possible, but these are shots that are common in real life tennis that we can't accomplish currently in TE.
Never marry a tennis player, love means nothing to them!
User avatar
Rob92
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 68
Gaming Since: 26 Jun 2011, 02:35

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby MarkChan » 15 Jul 2016, 08:09

Rob92 wrote:Agreed, net play in general could do with quite a few changes imo...

Drop volleys can only currently be performed reliably when you are in perfect position and charge for a significant amount of time, when in real life this is all about feel and racquet head control, and can be performed on an extreme reach. When the ball is outside of easy reach in TE, all you can do is a very defendable slice or b1 safe volley. Look at how Dustin Brown plays, most of this guy's game is based around this type of shot and it's impossible right now in TE.

Picking the ball up on a half-volley is not a thing in TE right now - if you're not there for a full volley, you get a groundstroke animation which is almost always resulting in an error. Picking a ball up off the ground is a key skill in any volleyer's arsenal and a very deft technique, some players can even play very accurate and delicate shots from this position, but in TE it is always a lottery and nearly always an error even with very highly skilled volleyers.

On top of this, the angled volleys you talk about too, when the ball is slow and high, in real life even for an amateur player it is easy to put these away at impossible angles.


I'm not sure on an exact control scheme to make these shots possible, but these are shots that are common in real life tennis that we can't accomplish currently in TE.

It can be accomplished in TE, but you have to be very accurate even if you have already closed in to the net. In real life it is an easy putaway shot, but here it is a low percentage shot. ':D
Singles Titles and Finalists:
250: Kuala Lumpur '15
Challenger: Georgia F1 '14,Wroclaw '16

Doubles Titles and Finalists:
GS: Australian Open '15,Roland Garros '15(RU)
Masters: Paris '14(RU),Madrid '15(RU),Rome '15(RU)
250: Kuala Lumpur '14,Doha '16
User avatar
MarkChan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 409
Gaming Since: 10 Jul 2012, 10:37
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby sky_high777 » 26 Jul 2016, 00:12

Just wanted to add quickly the ability from inside the game to adjust more options instead of fumbling with that tennis.ini/mod file.

-just more options to toggle from inside the game instead of the from the tennis.ini file
-add h2h records
-basic stats like best serve % and so on, possibly even click on their profile and see their stats even boxscores for matches
-also an online sparring mode just to practice
-if you want to leave a comment on the match you just had with that player (linked to feedback)

just wanted to reinforce some of this & thanks for reading.

EDIT: i guess tied breaks on/off are under advanced options so disregard
sky_high777
tennis fan
tennis fan
 
Messages: 12
Gaming Since: 28 Feb 2015, 03:27

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby marko279 » 27 Jul 2016, 20:29

I would love to se "SUPER RISK SHOT"
That would add a lot more reallity into the game.
That shot would be efficient in slow balls, and easy balls, so that the player would succesfully hit it 8-10 for example, depenging on their stats.
In medium difficult balls, lets say this shot could hit in 6-10 times, and from hard positions, 2 or 3 of 10.

One more thing, and a big one, too.

Can you move that auto swing entirely from the game?
So that by pressing the button from shot, player then makes a swing, and releaising the button, he hits the ball.
If there is no time to swing, player would just block the shot, as in real life.

What do you think?
User avatar
marko279
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 07 Feb 2013, 19:57
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby BabyManuu » 08 Aug 2016, 09:51

Hi Daddy,

I'd like to highlight some of the best ideas brung above by other guys:

- Online lobby is a must have! TE4 cannot come without an integrated Chat for the community (idea from Sky_High).
- Improving the net play too: it's currently too random, you don't have the feeling to really control the ball, it's weird.

So the gameplay doesn't have to change a lot, it's quite perfect as it is. The problem lies in the online content, the menus, the gameplay at the net... And above all, the biggest priority : the footwork ! Erase the Soap Effect!
The players should have an elasticity stat, which makes them spread their legs as much as Djokovic / Monfils at max (so 100% in game). This stat would result in a longe slide on Clay. Of course, this is related to the addition of new foot steps animations, slides on clay etc... Top Spin 4 slides animations were good if you need inspiration to make them :)
BabyManuu
Guest
 

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby EdicoNova » 10 Aug 2016, 22:56

1) Some victory or defeat cutscenes (for finals) would really add to immersion levels. They could be pretty simple for lower tournaments and more extravagant for majors. Maybe like intro cutscenes/ photos of cities where tournaments are being held when you enter as well.
2) Budget restrictions- You have a set budget for training, coaches, travel, thus adding another element to your career choices at the beginning. Add in opportunities for sponsors based on tournament results.
3) for online play, make attributes cost more after 60+ like in single player tour, maybe enough points got 75% average
4) Player stats a little more normalized. It's tough to find a happy medium for AI in tour mode as low stat cpus are a cake walk and high stat ones are amazing (at least at high ai levels.)
5) i wish there was a good way to aim for depth as opposed to just tapping a counter, but I understand this would probably involve a whole overhaul of the game engine.
6) Net play could use some work: maybe have high net presence give a much better hitting zone as opposed to a bigger jump, volley rallies (particularly cpu doubles) get too defensive and long. I think maybe balls out of ideal hit zone could have a big precision ring instead of just outright failing (for normal and short strike or acceleration volleys.) Also a force swing volley button for playing people who like to lob while you are at the base line.
EdicoNova
tennis fan
tennis fan
 
Messages: 13
Gaming Since: 16 Jul 2015, 01:03

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Juan_ynsa » 20 Aug 2016, 21:28

Add better graphics look as the texture of clothing, already changing the game engine. But details are highlighted and make it easier to oufits. As a game I like .. If you could would add the Challenge and greet the players after the game. Another thing is not to lose the ability to spend as tournaments, but if that can be increased by a tournament you gain experience or turn up the ranking. Start a certain amount of skill that is not made neither easy nor very difficult. And improve a little in that is more realistic and maybe you can jump too if you lose the ability tournaments but if points or places in the ranking as serious in the present life. I hope to read the opinion. Greetings fellow tennis elbow :D
User avatar
Juan_ynsa
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 341
Gaming Since: 15 Sep 2012, 17:12
Location: Argentina

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby polakis » 27 Aug 2016, 23:00

I think that you must improve service returns. Its way too difficult. I have played 200 online games plus offline matches and i get destroyed from top players. cant even return normal. I cant be that useless player. I was no1 online in top spin 4 world tour on xbox360!
polakis
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 117
Gaming Since: 23 Mar 2015, 15:18

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby manutoo » 28 Aug 2016, 09:19

polakis,
=> topic8-6180.php .
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15586
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby markoZG » 28 Aug 2016, 11:22

polakis wrote:I think that you must improve service returns. Its way too difficult. I have played 200 online games plus offline matches and i get destroyed from top players. cant even return normal. I cant be that useless player. I was no1 online in top spin 4 world tour on xbox360!


No, they dont have to change anything. This is simulation, not an arcade game like top spin,
Practise, and youll be better. If not, this is not the game for you man.
markoZG
Guest
 

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby polakis » 28 Aug 2016, 14:28

markoZG wrote:No, they dont have to change anything. This is simulation, not an arcade game like top spin,
Practise, and youll be better. If not, this is not the game for you man.


It is a game for me because i am a hardcore tennis player. I have played all tennis games so far for 20 years. I didnt tell to transform the game into arcade madness. Just easier returns on serve.

Manutoo thanks for the link but i play on itst tour and cant change the stats. I play my matches with nadal and i get destroyed from players that choose gulbis, zverev, thiem. Is this normal? I play tennis elbow for one year now and online on itst i have 50% win-loss. How many years or games do i have to play to reach top level?
polakis
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 117
Gaming Since: 23 Mar 2015, 15:18

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby manutoo » 29 Aug 2016, 09:34

polakis,
I'm not sure, but I guess 6 months or 1 year is a minimum nowadays. Read all advices in the link above, some aren't related to setting skills.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15586
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby E=mc2 » 02 Sep 2016, 19:36

Manutoo,
Are you planning to release an app on this game? That would be a great idea and even with previous versions, this game would be fun.... I would like to know about it 8-)
E=mc2
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 252
Gaming Since: 14 Mar 2011, 12:08

PreviousNext

Return to Tennis Elbow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Petal [Bot] and 1 guest