What the heck I did last week..?
Oh yup, a bunch of little things !
Mainly, I updated the gear icons, so now there are different icons depending of the quality of the items, which gives some nice visual hints in the inventory screen.
I added the list of Keys found in the level when watching its map.
I added a slider to control the music volume in addition of the ambiance volume (depending of the speaker setup, their volumes have a tendency to not scale in the same way).
I added keyboard shortcuts for all the abilities, so 80% of the game can now be played using only the keyboard. I also created the menu to change all the bound keys.
I lost some time because of some Unity bug : screen was too dark when using DirectX11 in a non-native resolution. Fortunately, 2 days later, they published an update that fixed that.
I did a couple of fixes in the levels from Beta tester reports.
And probably a little series of other very little things I have forgotten about..!
All in all, it was a decent week of work !
This new week, I’m planning to add the few missing visual FX for our party : strike effect for all the auto-attacks and other melee attacks, and a small fire effect for the Elementalist’s Scorch. Then maybe I’ll do a short gameplay video. And once that done, I’ll write the story elements (ie: mostly dialogues) ; I already did it for the first 5 levels, but not afterwards, as it was not vital to allow Beta testing of the whole Dungeon.