Comments about Build 22 [100% Topspin is too advantageous, ...]

General discussions about the 3rd edition of Tennis Elbow

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby CC » 09 Dec 2008, 05:39

I've noticed the same about the top spin and lobs. Granted many players are much better than I, but I do find that the top spin in one way makes it easier for me to return balls as they sometimes can be so high and a little slower. But, this is only true if I remain behind the baseline. Also, it is hard for me to do anything other than remain in the rally. I feel that if I were stop the rhythym of the rally to try to move in, I would lose control.

Also, I am surprised at how fast my player is. I recently adjusted to a shorter player, and it is much faster than the 6'4" player that I was using. Actually, I think that it is unrealistically fast. I can dance around from one side to the other in a flash. I know that there has been much discussion about this. I think that Manutoo compromised and made the CPU player slightly faster than real-life players, and I think that still some think that the player is too slow. I think that the player is too fast. Many times, I hit what appears to be a winner, only to see my opponent run over and return it. What do others think?

Thanks!
CC
User avatar
CC
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 503
Gaming Since: 17 May 2008, 23:54
Location: Mississippi, USA

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby S.Williamz » 09 Dec 2008, 07:55

More whining(lol):

Are you sure you can't do anything about the shot that is slice then suddenly changing to acceleration? I have found out that it works completely different than a regular acceleration, it doesn't require any pressing to hit it hard near the lines and also it can be much more angled. It simply sucks. lol
S.Williamz
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 880
Gaming Since: 15 May 2007, 17:27
Location: Finland

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby btaylor » 09 Dec 2008, 10:58

CC...Manutoo feels that the solution is to just set the CPU player to a lower level :roll: The master and incredible levels are evidently for those who wish to play a hybrid form of tennis full of accelerated strokes....Super Tennis!!! :mrgreen:
btaylor
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 555
Gaming Since: 28 May 2008, 08:02
Location: fredericksburg,virginia

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby Algo » 09 Dec 2008, 13:56

-It goes like this: you hit a good shot or a good serve, your opponent hits a lob as a response, then you are forced to hit an easy shot back, and your opponent gets in great position and starts dictating the rally.(i didn't have much problems with lobs in-rally but when it's a serve return lob... it's annoying)
-Also, I am surprised at how fast my player is. I recently adjusted to a shorter player, and it is much faster than the 6'4" player that I was using. Actually, I think that it is unrealistically fast.(it's not as fast as it seems with that post but it still faster than it should be, in my opinion)
-Are you sure you can't do anything about the shot that is slice then suddenly changing to acceleration?, press b2 enoughly to make the slice animation and then, before shooting, press b1, it's a slice-acceleration, really weird and unrealistic, almost cheating cuz you think it's gonna be slow, floating and centered but it's a normal acceleration at 130+ km/h, flat and at the lines shot that sometimes you can't get
i think those 3 things that CC and S.Williams said are the only things that could be changed
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2360
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby CC » 09 Dec 2008, 15:58

btaylor

I am not writing of the CPU player -- but of my player. I think that the "human" player is too fast. It just seems that way. Watching the little guy zoom from side to side is impressive; I don't think that I could do that on the court. I need to read through what has already been posted about this. I think that Manutoo originally had set the speed pretty conservatively but may have adjusted since then? Anyway, I am more asking about that -- is it still realistic speed, or is it a little fast to accomodate us gamers? I don't have a need to use mtrun.

Thanks!
CC
User avatar
CC
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 503
Gaming Since: 17 May 2008, 23:54
Location: Mississippi, USA

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby Togtdyalttai » 09 Dec 2008, 19:36

Ok, can we all agree that the lob is a bigger problem than the topspin? And the slice acceleration is just extremely annoying too.
#1
2010 Singles: 66-10 (no wo (4))
2010 Doubles: 21-11
2009 Singles: 105-14 (no WO (6))
2009 Doubles: 11-8
Best Results:
'10: W: AO, Miami, Casa, Barca, Rome, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Cincy
'09: W: 13 including Rome, Madrid, RG, Wimby, Cincy, USO
User avatar
Togtdyalttai
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1693
Gaming Since: 05 Sep 2008, 00:06
Location: USA

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby btaylor » 09 Dec 2008, 19:41

CC...I'm sorry..I thought I read in your earlier post that "many times, I hit what appears to be a winner, only to see my OPPONENT run over and return it" No?... :?
btaylor
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 555
Gaming Since: 28 May 2008, 08:02
Location: fredericksburg,virginia

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby Santiago92 » 09 Dec 2008, 21:50

Togtdyalttai wrote:Ok, can we all agree that the lob is a bigger problem than the topspin? And the slice acceleration is just extremely annoying too.


No. You can play against players who do a lot of lobs, but you CAN'T against players with 100% top spin who only do stikes with top spin. Even when they are defending they have the control of the point.

I think the lobs have to be like in older versions, but more attackable.
User avatar
Santiago92
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 867
Gaming Since: 23 Jan 2008, 18:42
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby ahmedcoolio » 09 Dec 2008, 22:17

I agree witrh santiago that the lobs should be like in the older version but should be made more attackable .Then your opponent will automatically stop using lobs that much.
ahmedcoolio
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 661
Gaming Since: 06 Jan 2008, 10:11

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby Algo » 10 Dec 2008, 00:58

i think that either lob and top are really annoying with high skills, lob when returning is completely annoying because it's like hitting anyother shot, and topspin...well, :roll:, a small defender with 100% at topspin is almost undefeatable
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2360
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby YUGIOH » 10 Dec 2008, 01:05

I understand that you guys think that lob should be even more* attackable like the TE06 version. However, I think that is just not realistic at all. :wink: The whole purpose of creating TE 09 is to be better and more realistic from the old TE 06, since we are all big tennis fans. So, changing the lob back to the way in TE 06 absolutely defeats the purpose of the new TE 09. :roll:

Besides, I think the lob has already been changed in your favor. :roll: It is now more attackable than before. It is now more vulnerable to many shots. Plus, it is even more difficult to lob while running! Even without running, it is very difficult to execute the lob without handicapping! So, I'd say the current lob is just excellent. :wink:
YU.GI.OH! = The King of Games (in Japanese)
YUGIOH
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 263
Gaming Since: 14 Sep 2008, 02:28

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby S.Williamz » 10 Dec 2008, 01:48

YUGIOH wrote:I understand that you guys think that lob should be even more* attackable like the TE06 version. However, I think that is just not realistic at all. :wink: The whole purpose of creating TE 09 is to be better and more realistic from the old TE 06, since we are all big tennis fans. So, changing the lob back to the way in TE 06 absolutely defeats the purpose of the new TE 09. :roll:

Besides, I think the lob has already been changed in your favor. :roll: It is now more attackable than before. It is now more vulnerable to many shots. Plus, it is even more difficult to lob while running! Even without running, it is very difficult to execute the lob without handicapping! So, I'd say the current lob is just excellent. :wink:


You disagree because you use it all the time, as a service return and to get back in a rally!Everytime you get under pressure, you save yourself with a lob. I think that's lame.
Things are fun when you are the only one doing them and not your opponent, and you are winning. But soon everyone will be lobbing all the time, you think that's fun? I haven't used any lobs in rallies or service returns because I don't like it, but soon I will have to, because it's so effective, and I don't want to give my opponents a huge advantage. Then we will all just lob, many times in a single rally, and a lob every single first service return.
Same thing with the topspin, since a topspin player can defend really well and also be in control, it's no point being an offensive player actually. I predict soon a lot more players will be max topspin "defenders" and we will all just play rallies that last 50 years. Fun much? That's why I think it should be balanced,.
S.Williamz
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 880
Gaming Since: 15 May 2007, 17:27
Location: Finland

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby CC » 10 Dec 2008, 04:58

btaylor:
Your quote is right, but I meant "...[human] opponent run over and hit it." Meaning, the online opponent that I am playing with :) .
CC
User avatar
CC
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 503
Gaming Since: 17 May 2008, 23:54
Location: Mississippi, USA

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby Togtdyalttai » 10 Dec 2008, 06:27

S.Williamz wrote:You disagree because you use it all the time, as a service return and to get back in a rally!Everytime you get under pressure, you save yourself with a lob. I think that's lame.
Things are fun when you are the only one doing them and not your opponent, and you are winning. But soon everyone will be lobbing all the time, you think that's fun? I haven't used any lobs in rallies or service returns because I don't like it, but soon I will have to, because it's so effective, and I don't want to give my opponents a huge advantage. Then we will all just lob, many times in a single rally, and a lob every single first service return.
Same thing with the topspin, since a topspin player can defend really well and also be in control, it's no point being an offensive player actually. I predict soon a lot more players will be max topspin "defenders" and we will all just play rallies that last 50 years. Fun much? That's why I think it should be balanced,.


Sigh, I agree with him now. He really is good at convincing people. Maybe he should be a lawyer. :P Ok, so it makes sense if one person uses 100% topspin against another person, at least for the player using topspin. But it gives an unfair advantage to the player using the topspin. As S.Williamz pointed out, it's way too hard to hit a winner. Balance between topspin and flat hitting is hard to attain, but that's what this game needs. I think that the topspin doesn't necessarily need to be tuned that much: there needs to be some combination between that and making flat shots more effective.
#1
2010 Singles: 66-10 (no wo (4))
2010 Doubles: 21-11
2009 Singles: 105-14 (no WO (6))
2009 Doubles: 11-8
Best Results:
'10: W: AO, Miami, Casa, Barca, Rome, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Cincy
'09: W: 13 including Rome, Madrid, RG, Wimby, Cincy, USO
User avatar
Togtdyalttai
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1693
Gaming Since: 05 Sep 2008, 00:06
Location: USA

Re: Tennis Elbow 2009 1.0

Postby S.Williamz » 10 Dec 2008, 07:09

Togtdyalttai wrote:
Sigh, I agree with him now. He really is good at convincing people. Maybe he should be a lawyer. :P Ok, so it makes sense if one person uses 100% topspin against another person, at least for the player using topspin. But it gives an unfair advantage to the player using the topspin. As S.Williamz pointed out, it's way too hard to hit a winner. Balance between topspin and flat hitting is hard to attain, but that's what this game needs. I think that the topspin doesn't necessarily need to be tuned that much: there needs to be some combination between that and making flat shots more effective.


Thank ya! Lol. Although I do disagree that flat shots should be made more effective, right now if two people with flat shots play, the rallies are rather short anyway, so if the flat shots are even more faster then the rallies would be over in a second. So I think only the spin needs to be tuned.
Again, this is only a problem in online games against other people. I would suggest that there was another mode(fair,free etc) for online that would still allow customization but would have less extreme options. It could be used for tournament matches for example. It would be more balanced and fair. :)
S.Williamz
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 880
Gaming Since: 15 May 2007, 17:27
Location: Finland

PreviousNext

Return to Tennis Elbow 2013

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests