Version updated : the bases of the IA are all done !
It means this is almost final now, except for some advanced behaviors, and some personalized behaviors (but I think I won't do any for now, coz I'm short on time, and I don't have much idea about it
So I have these questions for u :
1- is there anything the CPU is doing and that it shouldn't be doing ?
2- is there anything the CPU isn't doing and that it should be doing ?
3- Should I let the chair umpire in a fixed position, so we won't notice it too much (even if it's less realistic)..?
4- u can also say what u like/love in the current version, it always cheers me up..!
(and also help me to figure out what may be important or not)
In the previous version, I did a mistake and set the CPU style to "Counter", which wasn't finished yet..!
So it was too easy, now I set it to "Varied", and it should be better...
New stuff in this updated version :
- sometimes CPU will do a forehand if its forehand power is way above its backhand power
- Counter plays correctly
- Anims for drop shot & slice
- Easier to do aces
- CPU rushes the net a lot smarter than before, and it also volleys slightly smarter
- The "Nadal" shot must be done using B1 + Down + Up + Down, instead of B1 + Up + Down
Today, I did some tests of CPU vs CPU, tuned many things, and now it looks quite realistic, except they almost never do any direct fault, so I'll look into this in the coming next days...
managames.com/download.php?TennisElbow2008_ft2b.exe (same than link on 1st post, but avoid to have go back to look for it)
Thanks for ur 1st post in this forum !
>> I got a bit seasick after just a couple sets
Now, you can force the Wide screen mode, by changing this line in the Tennis.ini , under [3dEngine], from :
I'll think about giving the option to disable the scrolling in 4:3 mode, but it's very helpful to have it, so I'm not sure it's a good idea or not...
While doing some very light change, I did a mistake and it wasn't working anymore.
Now, it should be ok.
I'm also planning to do an advanced mouse support, with some visual cursors, so hopefully, u'll have a better mouse control in the final version...
I think I fixed the animation bug, let me know if u still see it.
Believe it or not, but I'm working a lot !
2) I very slightly made the acceleration deeper in this new version, but here the tips to hit them deep :
- prepare your strike as early as possible
- hit it with the center of the racket
- hit it in the green safe zone of the Danger Zone
- Put a high consistency skill to ur forehand & backhand
- hit it close of the baseline
3) the slice didn't change much, but it changed a bit, i think it's speed is still ok for its different uses
4) >> Run acceleration
No, the acceleration is realistic, I tuned it a bit in this updated version, so it's somewhat faster in the 1st few centimeters, but after that, it's same, and I even lowered it a bit at mid-speed & in some other cases.
>>going forward and back is really too slow
As mentioned earlier, it's visual illusion
And u can criticize as much as u want, the Test versions are made for that !