so, it's not possible to cheat like this in TE2009.
The perceived difference in speed is called placebo effect
. The propagation of its effect might be mass hysteria
I personally watched 1 game of Tog
to check if he was cheating or not, including the check of his skills. He wasn't cheating, but he's clearly a master of positioning, and he uses very well the left/right little speed bonus...
The only 2 cheats that are working now, are :
- serve power above 70% ; I won't give much details, but this needs to have a bit bad stats, so the advantage isn't big, and anyway, if your opponent's fastest serve in is faster than 208khm/129mph, u'll know about it (it's possible someone gets it without knowing it, just coz he wrongly set his skills) ; also, his serve skill in F5/F6 screen may be above 80% (which is the max in Fair Mode)
- Height above 200cm ; the speed handicap is capped to 200cm, so it's the same one if u set ur height to 220cm (for example) ; but once again, it should be easy to notice
Both will be fixed in next update coming in a few weeks...
Side notes :
- F5/F6 Stat screens show the real skills used during the match ; for example, Form = (Speed + Stamina) / 2 ; Forehand = (Power + Consistency + Precision) / 3 ; etc...
- heights under 155cm give only wingspan handicap, as the speed bonus is capped at 155cm
- Weight has 0 influence on the gameplay
Checking it's not possible to cheat :
Do like Stajus
explained, but set speed to 250%, and other skills such that u have 780 points left. Try to run in warmup mode ; the difference is super obvious with 100%. Go to play online, u'll see u'll be back to 100% (u can check this in the F5/F6 screen)
If you notice anything really strange, u're welcome to post the .Dmo recorded file of your match, I'll try to have a look at it.
And to all people who play better when they use this non-working speed cheat, I think it's a proof u lack confidence, the power is in u, not in ur sword/gun/racket...
(many many movies references here