I'm not sure what is "low stat" for you ; I tried with a Volleyer having 60% in all his rally and serve skills and 85% in his volley skills vs a Power Baseliner having 85% in all his skills, and the PB won relatively easily 9 sets out of 10 on a hard surface (ie: he got broken only once).
However, I tried with a Volleyer having 79% in his rally skills and 85% in everything else vs a PB with 85% in everything except his volley skills at 35% (so their global force was equal for hard surfaces), and there the Volleyer was breaking the PB twice more often than the opposite !
So I did a big rehaul of the AI passing decisions, and now on hard surfaces, they break each other at about the same rate. On clay, the Volleyer gets butchered, though.

It'll be there for the next update (coming in a few days), thanks to your report, and it'll be much harder for human players to volley now ; ie: a weak volley to the center will be harshly punished with a well-placed short strike. This feels much more realistic to me ; hopefully most users will agree, too... The Incredible-10 will also be much harder to beat.
