Updated version (Build 5
- gameplay: fixed a bug making the player accelerating very slowly when accelerating in zig-zag
- gameplay : slighlty increased the deceleration strength
- AI: tuned the AI to make it shorten the points after many strikes (Defender vs Defender points could last several minutes each..!!
- online : reduced the size of the connecting messages when playing Singles, so hopefully it'll lower the problems with it
[ ~13MB ]
Although many people have trouble with the running speed & ball reach, not everybody complain about the same thing.
I timed TE2006 & TE2009 runs, and both are very similar, and almost identical to the initial run speed of 100m sprinters ( http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22/us ... endurance/
So I think the acceleration doesn't need change. What I'm less sure about is the deceleration. I don't have exact numbers about this one, and it's an important parameter for the gameplay feeling as well, so I just slighlty increased its strength. Hopefully, u should feel it's better now. On the other side, it may be tougher to catch on wrong foot the CPU now...
There was also a bug when accelerating in zig-zag ; for example: pressing down, then down+right, & then back to down only many times in a short period of time.
A little quick tip
: the shorter your player is, the bigger the acceleration bonus he'll get (although it's a very small bonus, only to compensate his smaller size, so his smaller reach).
When u see a shot is far from u, don't despair, just run after the ball and u'll see sometimes u'll be able to catch it..!
(it was one of the 1st thing my tennis teacher taught me on a real court
@Tom Paulman :
Are u playing with the mouse ?
Was it happening only online ?
Anyway, I corrected a bug related to this, so let me know if it still happens or not.
Je ne suis pas sûr de comprendre... Tu veux que les joueurs courent plus vite ? Ou qu'ils soient plus animés ?
Except on the best dropshots (ie: when ur opponent strikes them from inside the court or at the volley), u should have time to run to them with the speed at 75% ( = default setting).
I'm not sure what is wrong about lowering the CPU level if he's too strong for u, and why it wouldn't be better than me making the whole game easier...
2 important tips :
- on baseline, if you want to hit winning acceleration, just step into the court when ur opponent does a shorter ball
- at the net, hit acceleration when the ball is high but not too high, and in the middle of ur racket
If u're able to do that, u'll make a lot of winners..!
>> Volley Jump
I checked the volley jump, and with a Defender, I jumped about 1m20, while with the volleyer, I jumped about 1m90.
>> Incredible AI
In TE2006, a few people complaining the incredible level was too easy..!
So for TE2009, the Incredible CPU cheats (a bit, just by about 10% higher skills), and he's globally very very strong & aggressive.
With the intermediate SubLevel, everybody should be able to find a level meeting his own skills...