ELO

Everything about your online tennis matches !

ELO

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 05 Sep 2007, 17:24

My ELO is now under 1900....

I am very upset because I worked hard to get to 2240, and now after the last update my ELO fell over 300 points. Why is this?
I also am having trouble with my movement. Sometimes my player seems to just watch the ball. This is all after the last update.

Sorry for the complaints, its just I really am not happy about losing 300 ELO points... :cry:
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby manutoo » 05 Sep 2007, 17:45

Hello,

now, if you quit a match, you get a 5% ELO penalty, except if your opponent is away or in the menus.

I guess it's what happened to u...

You have ELO changes displayed on the Match End screen.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15810
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 05 Sep 2007, 18:42

manutoo wrote:Hello,

now, if you quit a match, you get a 5% ELO penalty, except if your opponent is away or in the menus.

I guess it's what happened to u...

You have ELO changes displayed on the Match End screen.


But 300 points? That seems like a lot more than 5%.
And the movement issue is still a problem. It's only with the new build though...it was fine before.
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby manutoo » 06 Sep 2007, 07:32

Hello,

if you quit 2 matches, then 2 x (5% penalty + points down for the defeat) = ~300 , I guess...

About the movement, it's unlikely that I changed anything... Maybe u should try another key settings..?
Your player is totally unresponsive ? or he just doesn't strike the ball ?
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15810
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 06 Sep 2007, 13:25

manutoo wrote:Hello,

if you quit 2 matches, then 2 x (5% penalty + points down for the defeat) = ~300 , I guess...

About the movement, it's unlikely that I changed anything... Maybe u should try another key settings..?
Your player is totally unresponsive ? or he just doesn't strike the ball ?


He hits the ball and moves, but sometimes he just hesitates and stands there when I want to run for a ball. It's not on every point.
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby Guest » 06 Sep 2007, 15:23

I played against a Player1 who was good for the first game then just started being a complete idiot, not going for anything and just wasting my time. It was a 3 set match so I quit cause I didn't want to waste my time. I lost tons of elo, and am now below 1000
:(
Guest
Guest
 

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 08 Sep 2007, 02:02

Now I am getting quite frustrated with these new ELO problems. When I had to quit a match (trust me, it was early in the match) I went from 2240 to below 1900, however when "Michel" retires when he is losing, the ELO for both of us doesn't change! This seems completely unfair, since I worked very hard for my high ELO and now I don't even get points when my opponent retires...
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby manutoo » 08 Sep 2007, 08:08

Hello,

the game doesn't show the quit penalty for the opponent. I'll add that for next update.

If you quit the match before 2 games, the ELO shouldn't change.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15810
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 08 Sep 2007, 18:19

manutoo wrote:Hello,

the game doesn't show the quit penalty for the opponent. I'll add that for next update.

If you quit the match before 2 games, the ELO shouldn't change.


Ok, thanks.
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 09 Sep 2007, 00:03

Once again, the ELO messes up completely. I played much TE today to try to get my ELO back from the other day's disaster. So I was almost back to 2000, I was beating lost of people easily, then I look and it says "1823". I was like, "what????". Please help!
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby manutoo » 09 Sep 2007, 07:59

Hello,

you should give me more info if you want me to know if it's a bug or not, so for starter you should always look your ELO calculation after every match and if something is wrong, give me all details about this match (ur ELO, ur opponent's ELO, the score, if time limit has been hit, if someone gave up, etc...)

For example, if you were away (in menus or in another app) for more than 1m15 and your opponent gave up, then you got the 5% quit penalty, not him.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15810
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 09 Sep 2007, 15:44

manutoo wrote:Hello,

you should give me more info if you want me to know if it's a bug or not, so for starter you should always look your ELO calculation after every match and if something is wrong, give me all details about this match (ur ELO, ur opponent's ELO, the score, if time limit has been hit, if someone gave up, etc...)

For example, if you were away (in menus or in another app) for more than 1m15 and your opponent gave up, then you got the 5% quit penalty, not him.


Ok, I will make sure I look carefully at the details. But this time I know I had been regularly defeating people all day and then it's almost like it reset from all the day's matches or something....
I will try to notice the details next time if it happens again.
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 09 Sep 2007, 16:33

Well that's it. I've really had it this time.

I was playing Black Vilas. I held at love, and then put tons of pressure on his service game. I should have broken, but made some stupid mistakes. He then starts calling me a motherf***er and saying all this crap, which was extremely annoying. Since you said players didn't lose ELO if they retired in the first few games, I decided now would be the best time to get out of there and avoid him. However, I retired, lost 9 ELO, and THEN lost 96 ELO for retiring!!!!
Now, after all that I've told you about, my ELO is below 1800.........

I saved the screen shot if anyone is interested. Here are the details manutoo:

My ELO before - 1855 (approx.)
My ELO after - 1771
Black Vilas's ELO after - 1692
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Postby manutoo » 09 Sep 2007, 16:43

Hello,

I'm not sure from your explanations, so I have to ask : what was the score when you left ?
You have to leave before the end of the 2nd game to avoid the quit penalty...
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15810
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Postby Hit'em-Hard Kelly » 09 Sep 2007, 16:51

manutoo wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure from your explanations, so I have to ask : what was the score when you left ?
You have to leave before the end of the 2nd game to avoid the quit penalty...


Oh.....
It just turned 1-1, and he started badgering me, so retired.... :( :( :cry:
Is there any way I can get my ELO back? I have obviously been robbed several times. I meant seriously:
1 1/2 months ago my ELO was 2240. Since then I have only lost 2 matches, yet my ELO is about 500 points lower.
Hit'em-Hard Kelly
Guest
 

Next

Return to Online Tennis Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 0 guests