Hi, i love love this game, but after playing for a couple months, I still am yet to figure out how to do certain things. Maybe someone can help me how to do them?
1. block return - When I face big servers like Isner, Sometimes I want to play a defensive strategy specially if they are a bit more tired than me. But I'm not quite sure how to make a high deep ball return. The closest thing i use is the aggressive lob but it's very hard to keep in play, which is quite the opposite of a block return.
2. cross court dropshot volley at the net - I know this is a difficult shot but whenever i attempt it, it always nets or hits out of bounds and has never worked even once. Is there a skill that improves this or a control trick? All my volleys go towards the service line and and the only way I could get dropshots close to the net is by taking the ball after the bounce.
3. defensive shots in general - When the opponent has me running all over the place, I either get a winner or give a ridiculously easy ball. A bit similar to the block return, I'm wondering what i could do to give back a deep high ball.
4. scoop shot - Whenever I get to a ball late-ish and it's definitely within reach, i press the button and the animation begins the backswing, so the shot becomes way too late to hit. Is there a button for a quick or no backswing shot? I know this is automatic at the net, but is it possible at the service line with low balls? This also happens on net cord balls, where it drops close to the net and has a tiny bounce, and I can't hit it properly even though I'm in position. (and the CPU always does a celebration gesture when this happens which is very annoying. Just imagine Nadal doing his pump fist after getting a lucky drop off of the net cord, ugh)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Suggestions (might as well, or if they already exist please teach me)
1. programmable Ball machine, or at least the option to select what kind of ball you are fed in training
2. underhand serve