I will not stretch the game with forced waiting time, simply because some people may not have so much time to play the game.
Although, I could add an option to remove the result button or stuff like this...
In real life, how long before the tennis players have to register for a tournament ?
I think the draws are done 2 or 3 weeks in advance...
The management of the location (ie: on tournament site, or on coach's camp) will be handled. You'll have to pay money to take plane, and being here or there will have some influence on :
- the available sparring partner
- the training equipment
- the quality of rest
you're right, I hope to reach a gameplay where the path to the total domination is not easy to achieve, and will have drawbacks.
Yup, you could hire :
- specialized trainer
- sparring partner
- new training court (to have all surfaces at the coach's camp)
- body building equipment
The player style (defender, puncher, etc...) doesn't influence the training efficiency, but it influences the usefulness of the skills during the matches (ie : if you have 50% everywhere, getting 100% at net skills will improve your defender less than getting 100% in rally skills)
It'll be possible to change the player style on a per match basis, for a malus.
In real life, I think it's free to enter tournament !
But airplane tickets & hotels are not.
The game didn't progress much, I have been busy the last week with migrating to the new hosting platform of my website host. And the week before has been quiet (only debugging & little design research)...
I'm now on the Planning menu, which is almost done :
I spent 2 hours to find some good color scheme to easily recognize the tournament categories, but I'm still not sure if it's good or not...
- concentration : the higher, the less chance to have a bad form of the day
- constancy : the higher, the lesser the form of the day can be low
- cold blood : the higher, the lesser the chance to play bad against a low ranked player (I may add additional effect, like in important match)
- tactic is used to get bonus (example, force the opponent to use his weakest strike, ie : the backhand)
- positioning : same than other technical skills, no special effect