Do Not Click On The Honey Pot !

Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

the place to report any bug met in the game

Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby dequion » 29 Aug 2026, 18:43

Hi! A few weeks ago, I started having an issue where, whenever I host a game and someone accepts the match, the menu selection goes crazy and starts selecting options automatically.

This only happens if I'm already playing a match or warming up against the bot. If I'm just in the waiting screen, everything works fine.

I've already tried using a different controller (an Xbox controller), disabling Steam Input, and reinstalling the game, but the issue is still happening.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I can fix it?

Thanks!
dequion
tennis curious
 
Messages: 4
Gaming Since: 25 Aug 2026, 21:56

Re: Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby manutoo » 30 Aug 2026, 09:50

Hello,

I checked and it seemed normal, but I couldn't touch the controller at the exact moment the other player joined, as it was me from another TE4... :blackeye:

Did you notice if it's ok if you do anything on your controller at the exact moment someone joins your game ?

Could you send me a Bug Report so I'll get your settings and check again with them ? (HowTo => topic5-31732.php )
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby dequion » 05 Sep 2026, 22:54

I sent to you the bug report. The problem occurs even if I don't touch the controller when waiting in warmup or playing against bot. As soon as someone join the bug occurs.
dequion
tennis curious
 
Messages: 4
Gaming Since: 25 Aug 2026, 21:56

Re: Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby manutoo » 06 Sep 2026, 07:32

Hum, I don't see anything special in the log, it's kinda mysterious... :fear:

Would you be able to send another report when the bug occurs ? (maybe using the mouse ?)
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby dequion » 12 Sep 2026, 16:18

Hi Manutoo! I'm attaching here the player.log file from when the bug occurred. I noticed some kind of loop error in there, but I don't know anything about coding, haha. Hope you can help me solve this mystery! :P

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxvumv5a ... r.zip/file
dequion
tennis curious
 
Messages: 4
Gaming Since: 25 Aug 2026, 21:56

Re: Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby manutoo » 13 Sep 2026, 06:11

Indeed, it was crashing !
ChatGPT found the bug... :blackeye:
It should be fixed in the next update, thanks to your report. :yes:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Controller causing menu issues when hosting a game

Postby dequion » 16 Sep 2026, 04:56

Good news, problem solved!! :D

After extensive testing (including AI-assisted log analysis and .ini comparisons), none of the complex theories (corrupt profiles, mod conflicts, network settings) were the actual cause. The bug cause turned out to be surprisingly simple: controller DeadZone= 0%

Setting the controller DeadZone to exactly 0 triggers a DivideByZeroException in 'wj.mdv' and a 'NullReferenceException' in 'CInterpolableObject3D.knr'. This causes the main thread to hang in an error loop, resulting in that "crazy" menu selection.

Increasing the DeadZone to any value > 0 resolves the crash immediately. I tested with 5% via the in-game menu and it worked perfectly. For tighter control while maintaining stability, I manually edited my xkt.ini and set 'DeadZone = 1', which is not selectable through the UI but works flawlessly without triggering the exception.

Hope this helps prevent others from hitting the same issue!
dequion
tennis curious
 
Messages: 4
Gaming Since: 25 Aug 2026, 21:56


Return to TE - Bug & Glitch Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 1 guest