>> Please, in addition of answering the survey, add at least a post to say what you voted for & your current Online Tour ranking. <<
I noticed lately that Blacky highlighted a rule that I'm against to.
He didn't invented it and it seems it's more or less followed by the best tour players since a few months, although it was never written in the official rules in the Forum.
This rule is : Online Tour Matches should be played with a minimum of 117ms Delay.
This gives some problems, coz the TE is really not meant to be played with such high Delay.
The optimal Delay is 83ms and below ; 100ms is still ok, but already a bit too high ; 117ms is just plain too high.
Of course, when the 2 players are too far from each other, there's no other choice than to play with such a high Delay.
The main bad points with high Delay are :
- it protects experienced online players against new comers, even if they are experienced offline/LAN players
- physic inertia is almost turned off, which lead to unrealistic situation (see for example the returner standing near the center of the court)
- it's very hard (but not impossible) to aim at the net ; ball goes either close of the line, in the middle of the court, or out
- there's too much delay in the input in general
- and some other little things, like correction of aiming mistake, etc...
But Blacky raised a quite valid argument for the 117ms rule : often enough, you'll have to play with a distant opponent, so you'll be forced to play with that kind of Delay, so better to be used to it from the start & keep the play conditions as stable as possible from one match to another.
For my taste, I'd rather enjoy the most possible matches with low Delay & be forced to play a few ones with high Delay, even if it means I should do a few practice matches at 117ms Delay now & then to get used to it.
But I guess it's a matter of taste & as I don't play on the Tour, I'd like to gather the opinion of people playing here.
So the rule I'd want to see is : people can play with 117ms (or above) if they both agree to it, else they should play with Auto-Delay (or Auto-Delay + 16ms, to lower the chance to get lag during the match).
The rule Blacky wants is : people can play with Auto-Delay if they both agree to it, else they should play with 117ms Delay (or above).
So do you want to play all Online Tour Matches with a minimum of 117ms Delay ?
== Mana Games ==
>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<