Hair & Hats.

Everything about Modding the game, from new courts to the modifications of the player & tournament bases (and including all the bugs they may be creating ! ;) )
Forum rules
Speak English in 1st page of topics, and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Hair & Hats.

Postby peteypan » 05 Jul 2013, 16:40

Ive seen posted around that it's not possible to do new women's hairstyles? I've had a play around and tried and it seems that you can't - but wondering if Manu could maybe make women's hair be able to be modded in a new version maybe?

Also another question - is it possible to put a female in a backwards cap like the men's models can?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it :)
peteypan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 730
Gaming Since: 09 Aug 2010, 16:10

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby miharu0607 » 05 Jul 2013, 18:28

I guess that some more advanced hairstyles should be made in 3dsmax programme.
TURSUNOV KUBOT JANOWICZ SAFIN KLIZAN CORRETJA PRZYSIĘŻNY MAHUT TSONGA - MY ATP HEROES.
Mods made by me - topic29-11393.php#p128957
miharu0607
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1294
Gaming Since: 30 Mar 2013, 22:59
Location: Munich

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby manutoo » 06 Jul 2013, 04:25

peteypan,
I guess there's some .X importer/exporter for 3ds Max, so you can already mod the existing player models and add hairstyles & hats if you want to, if you know how to model.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15786
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby suvurvius » 06 Jul 2013, 04:37

Manu, please can you added the tail hairstyle for men in the next update(Gaudio, Canas, Rios, Massu, Zeballos, Rafter, Dolgopolov). We are waiting for this new feature since a long time. Please Manu considered it.
suvurvius
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 294
Gaming Since: 28 Jun 2011, 04:26

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby miharu0607 » 06 Jul 2013, 08:12

Lol... I managed to open playerfemale01.x in max, but the only problem is that it's really hard to find something because of the viewports :D But I can deal with it easily.
Everything there is supposed to be save as x, so if I manage to create different mash, it should be on the same axis positions as the rest, right? And then via Qped exported into the game?
And what limit should be taken for polygons count? Because it it would be very detailed it may slow down game I guess?

Also there are hair5a, b, c files as well as tc (which seems to be boxes directing where the hair should be placed on body), let's say that I am gonna make new one, what name it should have?


And to those who think that it's easy - it's not.
TURSUNOV KUBOT JANOWICZ SAFIN KLIZAN CORRETJA PRZYSIĘŻNY MAHUT TSONGA - MY ATP HEROES.
Mods made by me - topic29-11393.php#p128957
miharu0607
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1294
Gaming Since: 30 Mar 2013, 22:59
Location: Munich

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby peteypan » 06 Jul 2013, 09:13

miharu0607 wrote:Lol... I managed to open playerfemale01.x in max, but the only problem is that it's really hard to find something because of the viewports :D But I can deal with it easily.
Everything there is supposed to be save as x, so if I manage to create different mash, it should be on the same axis positions as the rest, right? And then via Qped exported into the game?
And what limit should be taken for polygons count? Because it it would be very detailed it may slow down game I guess?

Also there are hair5a, b, c files as well as tc (which seems to be boxes directing where the hair should be placed on body), let's say that I am gonna make new one, what name it should have?


And to those who think that it's easy - it's not.


I was about to have a go at it but now i'm scared lol
peteypan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 730
Gaming Since: 09 Aug 2010, 16:10

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby miharu0607 » 06 Jul 2013, 09:20

At first - the file containing all models is kind a weird, there are some boxes, of course all body parts etc. etc.
I am not sure how I should name new mesh etc. etc. I made "mohawk" in style of Aljaz Bedene, and I think that instead of trying to exporting it on my own to pak01.file (I failed xD), I will post link to .max file in here, and maybe Mana would be that kind a could merge that file.
Ponytail is much more difficult (but maybe it's because I've slept for 3hrs), and not because of the technical things, but because of that nasty viewports :P
TURSUNOV KUBOT JANOWICZ SAFIN KLIZAN CORRETJA PRZYSIĘŻNY MAHUT TSONGA - MY ATP HEROES.
Mods made by me - topic29-11393.php#p128957
miharu0607
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1294
Gaming Since: 30 Mar 2013, 22:59
Location: Munich

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby miharu0607 » 06 Jul 2013, 21:22

http://www.mediafire.com/?hme4pskmg9hb38y
http://www.mediafire.com/?v8h9msi8006ap9u

Here are the links to scene which contains man and female body/hair/hats/clothes.
It is possible to model new shapes of everything, but I do not know how to insert them in game, so maybe someone will be able :P

And if you're going to merge one object from the scene to another (modelling becomes easier that way), remember that you should not convert units.
To create hair the best way is to use planes, however newer editions of 3dsmax are better to do that, cause they have more tools.
TURSUNOV KUBOT JANOWICZ SAFIN KLIZAN CORRETJA PRZYSIĘŻNY MAHUT TSONGA - MY ATP HEROES.
Mods made by me - topic29-11393.php#p128957
miharu0607
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1294
Gaming Since: 30 Mar 2013, 22:59
Location: Munich

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby manutoo » 07 Jul 2013, 05:18

miharu0607,
Hair6 = Hair n°6
a, b, c, etc... = for each possible hat

put your resulting .x file in : Data\Models (no need to put it in a .Pak).

You have to rig the new hair ; for short hair, it's easy, just assign 1 bone = the head ; for long hair, it's a bit harder, should also assign the neck & the upper spine.

For the viewport, you can set anything you want, it's not bound to the .x file.

Hopefully the importer/exporter will preserve everything needed, but if it doesn't, the model will be corrupted in game. An easy test is to import it & export it right away and see if it still works in-game or not.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15786
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby peteypan » 07 Jul 2013, 09:19

I think i'll stick to my faces :lol:
peteypan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 730
Gaming Since: 09 Aug 2010, 16:10

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby Lordrena » 08 Jul 2013, 09:38

I would love that someone can make this 2 haircut ! Specialy the Braid that the majority of the women have on the tour !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordrena
tennis fan
tennis fan
 
Messages: 12
Gaming Since: 02 Jun 2013, 19:58

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby miharu0607 » 08 Jul 2013, 14:11

manutoo wrote:miharu0607,
Hair6 = Hair n°6
a, b, c, etc... = for each possible hat

put your resulting .x file in : Data\Models (no need to put it in a .Pak).

You have to rig the new hair ; for short hair, it's easy, just assign 1 bone = the head ; for long hair, it's a bit harder, should also assign the neck & the upper spine.

For the viewport, you can set anything you want, it's not bound to the .x file.

Hopefully the importer/exporter will preserve everything needed, but if it doesn't, the model will be corrupted in game. An easy test is to import it & export it right away and see if it still works in-game or not.


This assigning looks like the hardest part of it :D
So we can also model skirts/shirts etc. ?

Shit, .x file is way too small...
TURSUNOV KUBOT JANOWICZ SAFIN KLIZAN CORRETJA PRZYSIĘŻNY MAHUT TSONGA - MY ATP HEROES.
Mods made by me - topic29-11393.php#p128957
miharu0607
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1294
Gaming Since: 30 Mar 2013, 22:59
Location: Munich

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby Chez » 08 Jul 2013, 21:52

If you do get it to work, it would be great and the possibilities are limitless.

Good luck
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."-SAPF
User avatar
Chez
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 149
Gaming Since: 28 Oct 2012, 22:16

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby miharu0607 » 08 Jul 2013, 22:45

Chez wrote:If you do get it to work, it would be great and the possibilities are limitless.

Good luck


I guess I won't be able to do that, as I am getting lost whenever I am trying to do something, as well as exported .x file is 100 times smaller than one imported from pak file.
TURSUNOV KUBOT JANOWICZ SAFIN KLIZAN CORRETJA PRZYSIĘŻNY MAHUT TSONGA - MY ATP HEROES.
Mods made by me - topic29-11393.php#p128957
miharu0607
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1294
Gaming Since: 30 Mar 2013, 22:59
Location: Munich

Re: Hair & Hats.

Postby manutoo » 09 Jul 2013, 07:19

miharu0607,
if everything works, then you should be able to add/modify any apparel model.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15786
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Next

Return to Modding [Courts, Players, Tour, ...]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], javiervet, SemRush [Bot], Thegfdonee and 0 guests