Do Not Click On The Honey Pot !

Long rallies

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Long rallies

Postby Srikanth » 29 Sep 2026, 04:13

Hello, sometimes when 2 defenders are playing the rally goes extremely long like 100 plus shots. Seems very unrealistic. Could anything be done on those in world tour? Like the breath should really come down and make one of the players CPU or my player to commit an error way more quicker than 100 plus shots. Maybe 60 max and also reduce the frequency of the long rallies. Could anything be done on that using mods or anything? I tried reducing the stamina but still it goes way long. Thanks!!
Srikanth
Guest
 

Re: Long rallies

Postby Jirafalox » 29 Sep 2026, 04:49

This is a thing that happens even online and we’ve talked a bit in other forum about how speed of the players is just too fast and also how low breath doesn’t slow down the players enough to actually end a rally between 2 equally skilled defenders so naturally those same situations happen offline when the conditions are set, I guess your scenario with 100+ shots is on clay also.

Manu has done so much for the game that feels selfish to keep asking for more but I genuinely believe that what we asked on that other thread (that Is heavily related to what you’re talking about here) is the little last balance adjustment the game needs to be near perfection gameplay and balance wise.
Let’s hope manu with no rush can adjust these little things
Former World number 1 in Official Tour. Retired.
Australian Open 26'
Wimbledon 26
Word Tour Finals 25'
Paris 24', 25' Shanghai 25' Toronto 25' Miami 25'
A bunch of 500s and 250s :wink:
User avatar
Jirafalox
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 227
Gaming Since: 13 Mar 2024, 02:06
Location: Chile

Re: Long rallies

Postby manutoo » 29 Sep 2026, 08:38

I just made a quick test with 2 Pro-10 Defenders on (unmodded) clay and got a 12 Rally Length, which is noticeably higher than the reality (it should likely be closer to 9~10), so I guess 100+ rallies didn't happen, so I'm going to take a wild guess and said you used an unrealistic set up, and thus I cannot do anything about it.

Send me a Bug Report if you want me to check more anyway. (HowTo => topic5-31732.php )
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21379
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Long rallies

Postby Srikanth » 04 Oct 2026, 05:35

Absolutely!! Already the best tennis video game on the market.

Manutoo - yes it is due to modding where I am trying to slow down the court and also trying to reduce the amount of winners. It is not a bug. But can anything be done so that the players tire and run out of breath if the rally goes longer than 30 40 shots? Thanks!!
Srikanth
Guest
 

Re: Long rallies

Postby manutoo » 04 Oct 2026, 07:34

Yesterday's update made them noticeably slower to accelerate their run and change direction when they're tired, so you should see some improvements there.

Otherwise, you can try to fiddle with their error rate => topic15-37395.php .
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21379
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France


Return to Tennis Elbow 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 5 guests