What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Heinrich von Westphalen » 19 Nov 2013, 07:40

Nigogu wrote:Now seriously, What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

An open source code which excluded physic engine.

Kind regards,
Heinrich.
Heinrich von Westphalen
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1479
Gaming Since: 12 Dec 2012, 05:48
Location: Germany

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Nigogu » 19 Nov 2013, 16:21

Heinrich von Westphalen wrote:An open source code which excluded physic engine.
Kind regards,
Heinrich.

What would you do if that happen :?:
User avatar
Nigogu
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 3562
Gaming Since: 26 Mar 2012, 16:48

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby ElNino » 21 Nov 2013, 07:41

In my opinion it is a big advantage of TE that the graphics are not that high end as in other games. That leads to a more fluent gameplay (for all - including those who havent a new gaming-pc)

What should be developed is the online ability. Many players have problems to host games - me as well. Indeed thats a personal matter..

Another aspect that would be great is: to make it possible to change mods ingame. I search for matches online using the ITST mod. If there is one match opened and its without the mod i have to close the game and start again.
ElNino
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 100
Gaming Since: 10 Feb 2013, 00:41

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Nigogu » 21 Nov 2013, 16:04

ElNino wrote:In my opinion it is a big advantage of TE that the graphics are not that high end as in other games. That leads to a more fluent gameplay (for all - including those who havent a new gaming-pc)

What should be developed is the online ability. Many players have problems to host games - me as well. Indeed thats a personal matter..

Another aspect that would be great is: to make it possible to change mods ingame. I search for matches online using the ITST mod. If there is one match opened and its without the mod i have to close the game and start again.

Actually yes, even integrated graphics card can play TE2013.
Well, there are problems hosting games, but you can solve them if you follow the instructions to open the ports and all that stuff :whistle:
The idea about changing mods it's hard in my opinion to do, but great idea :yes: It's not so far since manuTOO added mods folder and mods.ini
Regards :jap:
User avatar
Nigogu
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 3562
Gaming Since: 26 Mar 2012, 16:48

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Marcos Nion » 18 Dec 2013, 17:53

Definitely better graphics, I mean the game is realistic, it feels like being on a real tennis court and stuff, but the graphics are still lacking... A serious improvement in the graphics is what I expect from TE4, and maybe new sounds... Apart from that, the game is already awesome... Thanks for creating this topic Nigogu, I really want to have a part in TE's improvement... :)
User avatar
Marcos Nion
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 505
Gaming Since: 28 Jan 2012, 07:42
Location: Brazil

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Nigogu » 18 Dec 2013, 20:13

Marcos Nion wrote:Definitely better graphics, I mean the game is realistic, it feels like being on a real tennis court and stuff, but the graphics are still lacking... A serious improvement in the graphics is what I expect from TE4, and maybe new sounds... Apart from that, the game is already awesome... Thanks for creating this topic Nigogu, I really want to have a part in TE's improvement... :)

I think the same, but, the game should still have low system requirements, that is also one of the things have made TE, so popular (or at least i think that) ;)

Marcos Nion wrote:Apart from that, the game is already awesome... Thanks for creating this topic Nigogu, I really want to have a part in TE's improvement... :)

Oh, no, thanks to you, for your opinion :thumbleft:
User avatar
Nigogu
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 3562
Gaming Since: 26 Mar 2012, 16:48

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby n 201 » 19 Dec 2013, 08:10

yeah Nigogu is right. The system requirements are the best thing about this game. I hope there won't be any high level graphic cards required for the next version of TE. Now with a low level inbuilt graphic card i can play this game,which is awesome. Also i think there can be animations of ball boys running to catch the ball in offline mode LOL. Why i said "Offline" is because i know keeping these animations in online mode will waste time between points and also creates more problems with laggy match XD. But i think Offline mode i.e., playing in training club, it would be fun to see them. Anyways the game is already awesome, i wont be disappointed if there are no new animations in next version. However i would like to see better 3d graphics :D (with same system requirements) :whistle: ':D
n 201
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 171
Gaming Since: 05 Aug 2013, 08:35
Location: INDIA

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Marcos Nion » 19 Dec 2013, 11:54

n 201 wrote:yeah Nigogu is right. The system requirements are the best thing about this game. I hope there won't be any high level graphic cards required for the next version of TE. Now with a low level inbuilt graphic card i can play this game,which is awesome. Also i think there can be animations of ball boys running to catch the ball in offline mode LOL. Why i said "Offline" is because i know keeping these animations in online mode will waste time between points and also creates more problems with laggy match XD. But i think Offline mode i.e., playing in training club, it would be fun to see them. Anyways the game is already awesome, i wont be disappointed if there are no new animations in next version. However i would like to see better 3d graphics :D (with same system requirements) :whistle: ':D

You're right, an improvement on the gameplay... Like you said, ball boys catching the ball, and maybe an entrance scene of the players on the court (with the option of enabling and disabling though)... About the graphics, I don't really expect something like TS or VT ( I even doubt it would be possible) but an improvement on the player's graphics, and the courts as well...
User avatar
Marcos Nion
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 505
Gaming Since: 28 Jan 2012, 07:42
Location: Brazil

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby n 201 » 19 Dec 2013, 13:59

Marcos Nion wrote:You're right, an improvement on the gameplay... Like you said, ball boys catching the ball, and maybe an entrance scene of the players on the court (with the option of enabling and disabling though)... About the graphics, I don't really expect something like TS or VT ( I even doubt it would be possible) but an improvement on the player's graphics, and the courts as well...

Thanks :D Topspin and Virtuatennis have more system requirements...However the graphics are really good in them. But the gameplay is better in TE(faster which is similar in reality) than other tennis games that i played. "Dream-match tennis" is really good in graphics but the gameplay is so slow...the ball flows in air for like 3secs before i hit an ace, it's quite annoying for me lol ...The game developer should not degrade the gameplay for improving graphics. So if Manutoo finds a way to improve graphics without spoiling gameplay, I would say this game will become the best ever in tennis games that i played :wink: Also Virtuatennis and Topspin are not as fast as TE in online mode...way too laggy :annoyed:
n 201
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 171
Gaming Since: 05 Aug 2013, 08:35
Location: INDIA

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Nigogu » 19 Dec 2013, 19:25

Oh, yes, little animations of ballboys would be great.


n 201 wrote: However i would like to see better 3d graphics :D (with same system requirements) :whistle: ':D

I think it's impossible...... ':D If the graphics change, the graphic motor source, would change completely, even maybe a new one. That change everything.... :roll:


n 201 wrote:But the gameplay is better in TE(faster which is similar in reality)

Yes :!: I think the speed it's what makes the game real :yes:
User avatar
Nigogu
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 3562
Gaming Since: 26 Mar 2012, 16:48

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Yasin Ozkan » 20 Dec 2013, 00:03

Slice skills:
- It should have stats
- also there should be combination on how flat or how high the slice would be like the topspin strike. (this is good for different situations, happens alot in tennis.) Thus all the strikes should be independent, meaning they should not mix each other. So topspin should not be mixed in the slice (it's kinda fixed now tho).

Flatten out strokes (maybe with a risk shot ? dno..)

The defensive stretched out slice lob
(dno what its really called)
- This happens alot in real tennis too, but never in TE. You know when the defender is on the run and streches out, lobbing, and the attacker waites for the ball to bounce (or not) and finishes it of with a smash. I tried this with the defensive slice but the ball doesn't fly high in those situations, and mah God that combination is impossible in that short time (and it's supposed to be a defensive slice lol).

Challenges would be great, with an on/off setting.
- Off Course then the court lines should be designed sharp, now its kinda blurry.

Real shorts :)
- Yea some real shorts instead of balletshorts. Give the colour of his skin and its like he's naked haha

Manuto I want my 3d camera to turn inside when Im moving to the outside lines! :D It actually does it but a little bit. The reason is I can't see the dept in the crosscourt strikes thus the balls are just passing me by. I mentioned this before but I think I haven't been able to explain it correctly, but I will post a video example one day.

These are my idea's for now I guess, if I remember more i'll post them.
Yasin Ozkan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 141
Gaming Since: 18 Jul 2011, 17:18

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Nigogu » 20 Dec 2013, 00:20

Well yasinozkan, the ideas about the new shots/skills, are good :yes:

I think it's impossible to make a challenge in the current Engine of the game, because is ''Perfect'', some games have the ''Challenge'' but, they have to change and make the game ''unperfect''.


yasinozkan wrote:Real shorts :)
- Yea some real shorts instead of balletshorts. Give the colour of his skin and its like he's naked haha

That would make Sharapova the new most used player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image





Thanks for your ideas, you're free to post the times you want :yes:
User avatar
Nigogu
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 3562
Gaming Since: 26 Mar 2012, 16:48

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby n 201 » 20 Dec 2013, 13:55

Nigogu wrote:Well yasinozkan, the ideas about the new shots/skills, are good :yes:

I think it's impossible to make a challenge in the current Engine of the game, because is ''Perfect'', some games have the ''Challenge'' but, they have to change and make the game ''unperfect''.



That would make Sharapova the new most used player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image





Thanks for your ideas, you're free to post the times you want :yes:

LOL is that Mr.Bean's pic?? hahaha :applause: :wink:
n 201
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 171
Gaming Since: 05 Aug 2013, 08:35
Location: INDIA

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Nigogu » 20 Dec 2013, 21:54

n 201 wrote:LOL is that Mr.Bean's pic?? hahaha :applause: :wink:

Yup, he is the best :wink:
User avatar
Nigogu
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 3562
Gaming Since: 26 Mar 2012, 16:48

Re: What do you think TE4 should change/have/improve?

Postby Yasin Ozkan » 21 Dec 2013, 00:32

Nigogu wrote:Well yasinozkan, the ideas about the new shots/skills, are good :yes:


thanks :)

I think it's impossible to make a challenge in the current Engine of the game, because is ''Perfect'', some games have the ''Challenge'' but, they have to change and make the game ''unperfect''.


The way it could be done is like, putting a percentage on the calls of the linesman so that sometimes they don't count it as out and that's where you have challenge. This must be possible because you can do it with the audio, like sometimes they don't shout "fault".

That would make Sharapova the new most used player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well that is how it is now :lol: , the shorts are way to tight. This actually bothers me because I play with the 3d camera view and I am tired of seeing Nadal's and Federer's asscheeks :annoyed: :P

Thanks for your ideas, you're free to post the times you want :yes:


It's my pleasure, thanks :wink:
Yasin Ozkan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 141
Gaming Since: 18 Jul 2011, 17:18

PreviousNext

Return to Tennis Elbow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests