Only started playing the new TEM2 matches with new physics, but after playing 2 matches on clay (where I kind of got destroyed
) I noticed a few things. Some of what I noticed may be due to inexperience with the new physics, but I'll still note them down anyway.
1) A lot of both mine and my opponents shots were hitting the net, which is a lot more realistic than in TE2013, but perhaps is a little too frequent now so could be toned down a little bit.
2) There were also a lot more net cord shots, which is also slightly more regular than I would expect to see in reality, but not by much.
3) Sometimes whenever I hit a shot, I couldn't move directly after hitting it. Don't know if this is a new feature you added, but it was a lot more realistic and I liked it being there after I got used to it.
4) Slicing seems to be a lot better now than what it used to be, it got reworked very well. Although a few slices that missed, really missed badly, e.g. some went to the ground before they reached the net whenever I wasn't horribly out of position (but far enough out of position to expect to miss the shot).
5) Serving was a lot more dominant now than it used to be. Returns were a lot harder to hit with acceleration shots, which is far more realistic again.
6) I couldn't find a way to turn on advanced options, so I couldn't turn on a shot counter or simulated match time. Although in TE2013 the simulated match time was usually a lot shorter than it should have been, i.e. tiebreak sets lasting less than 40 minutes, 5 setters lasting less than 3 hours, etc.
7) Could you add an option to rewind on recordings? It would be really helpful for all the times I skip past the point that want to see.
8) I hit a lob during my 1st match which the crowd applauded whenever it bounced the 1st time, like I had won the point even though my opponent still hit the next ball afterwards (but he missed into the net). It only occurred once out of about 5-10 total lobs I hit which went over my opponent's head and landed in.
9) Twice my opponent hit a slice which hit the net cord, which resulted in the ball travelling with insane backspin and actually travelling directly backwards towards the net, very unrealistically. I have one example on a recording if you want me to send it to you.
10) Whenever my opponent lobs me, I would like if my camera would zoom out a bit more so I could have a better view of the lob to judge where it will land. I know I can edit my camera angle in the settings, but that would affect my camera for every point if I were to change that, which would be very awkard to get used to.
11) I don't know if this would still apply with the new physics, but in TE2013 there would be occasions where I wanted to hit a volley and pressed a button to do so, but the game wouldn't allow me to. I'm not talking about situations where the ball would land out by a large distance, but whenever the ball would land on the line. It was frustrating to not be allowed to hit a volley whenever this happened, because sometimes it cost me the point outright. I noticed that this tended to happen (not always) whenever the ball had lots of spin on it which dragged a ball which would have landed out by a large distance to just partly on the line.