Movements & Anticipation

Everything about your online tennis matches !

Movements & Anticipation

Postby Stajus » 12 Jun 2014, 23:09

Manutoo, how is the inertia when changing directions realised/programmed? Lol, something is too weird with the way I used to move in 2012, it's useless now. Which changes were made with regard to that since 2012? Can you tell me what is the optimal way of moving around the court to prevent any inertia/losses of start up speed etc...?

Also, can you tell me how can someone guess 90% of my approach shots (short angle accelerations, b1 + up slow angles, and down the line accelerations) before coming to the net and then hit perfect passing shots...is this some kind of wizard trick? Nothing makes sense anymore :lol: :sweat:
The TE's all-round and doubles GOAT :cool:
73 titles (7 S + 66 D) + Davis Cup + Team Cup
11 Grand Slam titles in doubles (out of 12 played)
Best singles ranking #3
Best doubles ranking #1
Olympics 2012 - singles bronze, doubles gold
User avatar
Stajus
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2522
Gaming Since: 15 Jul 2009, 05:36
Location: United Kingdom/Serbia

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby Nadi madi » 13 Jun 2014, 04:02

You need to take "weigh reflexes" shakes before each set, I don't think manutoo can help you.
About the 2nd paragraph, I guess it is too easy to predict the pattern of the rally on grass (I.e cc,cc,cc, dtl or short angle when you get a space), so yeah it definitely makes it easier to guess approaches which is quite frustrating, but what can we do...flukers gonna fluke (smoking)
User avatar
Nadi madi
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 434
Gaming Since: 04 Feb 2011, 16:44
Location: Egypt

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby Algo » 13 Jun 2014, 04:57

you want to change direction AND prevent inertia?
Forgive him, Newton :lol:

Maybe could agree on second thing, though.
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2347
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby adner » 13 Jun 2014, 08:26

Stajus wrote:Also, can you tell me how can someone guess 90% of my approach shots (short angle accelerations, b1 + up slow angles, and down the line accelerations) before coming to the net and then hit perfect passing shots...is this some kind of wizard trick? Nothing makes sense anymore :lol: :sweat:


Mix it up, bro :dance:
adner
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 749
Gaming Since: 17 Nov 2008, 18:26
Location: Poland

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby Stajus » 13 Jun 2014, 11:22

Nadi madi wrote:You need to take "weigh reflexes" shakes before each set, I don't think manutoo can help you.
About the 2nd paragraph, I guess it is too easy to predict the pattern of the rally on grass (I.e cc,cc,cc, dtl or short angle when you get a space), so yeah it definitely makes it easier to guess approaches which is quite frustrating, but what can we do...flukers gonna fluke (smoking)


daa fellow :twisted:

Algo wrote:you want to change direction AND prevent inertia?
Forgive him, Newton :lol:

Maybe could agree on second thing, though.


What? I agree there should be inertia but it's too high imo when getting wrongfooted...also, I asked manu for the ideal movement pattern since he coded the game...a few top players are clearly able to avoid some of the inertia penalties for example.

adner wrote:Mix it up, bro :dance:


Oh, please teach me how to mix more than bashing, angles, net approaches, short slices, varying the serve more than most...

Wise one, BRO :roll:
The TE's all-round and doubles GOAT :cool:
73 titles (7 S + 66 D) + Davis Cup + Team Cup
11 Grand Slam titles in doubles (out of 12 played)
Best singles ranking #3
Best doubles ranking #1
Olympics 2012 - singles bronze, doubles gold
User avatar
Stajus
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2522
Gaming Since: 15 Jul 2009, 05:36
Location: United Kingdom/Serbia

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby Algo » 13 Jun 2014, 13:23

Stajus wrote:
daa fellow :twisted:

What? I agree there should be inertia but it's too high imo when getting wrongfooted...also, I asked manu for the ideal movement pattern since he coded the game...a few top players are clearly able to avoid some of the inertia penalties for example.

Oh, please teach me how to mix more than bashing, angles, net approaches, short slices, varying the serve more than most...

Wise one, BRO :roll:

You said "any" inertia :fear:
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2347
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby manutoo » 14 Jun 2014, 05:13

Stajus,
the basic principles didn't change, but the speed conversion threshold has been lowered a lot, thus you still can do some small movements when waiting for the ball, but they have to be much smaller than before ; I've read that some people do up/down movements instead of left/right to avoid some confusion with the auto-step back, but actually if you have good reflexes, I guess it's possible to follow the auto-step back hint when it triggers. Also you should be careful to not do circles where your player starts to run on the side then back (except when really needed), else you're going to get stuck sometimes.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15805
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby Stajus » 14 Jun 2014, 17:35

Thanks, yeah it seems that these movements when waiting for the ball are affecting my defending (or lack of thereof :lol:) drastically at the moment :sweat:

But I found that if I don't do them I have to have nice reflexes to defend the next shots anyway :fear:
The TE's all-round and doubles GOAT :cool:
73 titles (7 S + 66 D) + Davis Cup + Team Cup
11 Grand Slam titles in doubles (out of 12 played)
Best singles ranking #3
Best doubles ranking #1
Olympics 2012 - singles bronze, doubles gold
User avatar
Stajus
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2522
Gaming Since: 15 Jul 2009, 05:36
Location: United Kingdom/Serbia

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2015, 07:52

Hi there,
I need some help with my movement. I played the game until 2012 and am just starting to play again but I cannot seem to move. I was a very good mover before. Ball striking seems the same, but changing directions is really really hard for me. Do you have any suggestions? After I hit a shot when I'm out wide, I have to press the opposite arrow key to recover back to the center of course, but if the computer hits the ball behind me it seems impossible to change directions quickly enough to retrieve the shot. Before I felt I could move around move and be fluid by never stopping my movement, but now it seems this strategy doesn't work.

Any advice? Thanks!
Guest
Guest
 

Re: Movements & Anticipation

Postby manutoo » 14 Jan 2015, 04:05

Guest,
the answer to your question is 2 posts before it.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15805
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France


Return to Online Tennis Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests