1st of all, this is not a suggestion thread
, I read all your suggestions all over the forum, and even if I didn't answer them, there's no need to post them again here.
This topic is to discuss about the incoming new features & changes.
Version 1.0b will likely be released around May 15-20th.New Features :
- Doubles : can choose to swap return side with your partner at each set start
- Doubles : returner's partner position depth saved ; this allows the partner of the returner to always stands on baseline at start of the point, if he wants to
- World Tour : you can now save any World Tour player (including yours) to reload him/her in the Training Club
- Controls : Optional Alternate Up/Down during the strikes ; this allows users with too sensible gamepad to have all 9 strikes available with only 4 or 5 buttons instead of 9
- AI : CPU players will now do Sorry gesture if their strike clipped the net
- Video : all and any screen ratio supported when playing with the 3D courts ; Window mode will now always keep the perfect Aspect Ratio whatever the window size is
- Helper : display a help screen when a player releases button(s) before hitting the ball (if you read this, you should likely not need nor see this help screen
- Mod : additional NoNormalization in Tennis.ini allows to set all World Tour players on their best year force, all the time
- Mod : added an option to easily display any existing court icon for additional courts in World TourChanges :
- World Tour : a few players tuned
- World Tour : Double specialists have some of their skills raised during Doubles, while Singles specialists see some of theirs lowered a bit
- AI : CPU players with good return skill (it's a hidden skill in World Tour) will have a bit better reflexes on return (they already had a bit better return precision)
- AI : better communication in Doubles between the 2 CPU partners, so they shouldn't let a centered ball pass both of them when they stand at net (this was especially frequent on lob)
- AI : slightly better AI positioning ; but added some positioning mistakes to compensate, especially when their Positioning skill is low (this is a hidden skill in World Tour)
- Gameplay : no fatigue before the server starts to serve, so the returner can place himself without penalty
- Gameplay : good resting at end of set, even when there's no end change, and lower resting after 1st game of set
- Gameplay : short strike's precision increased by 35% and speed increased a bit, but it's less tolerant to mis-positioning ; this should make this strike much more useful and used
- Gameplay : short volley precision increased by 20%
- Gameplay : short acceleration precision & speed increased a bit
- Training Club : Saved Player slots raised to 36 from 10Bug Fixes:
- Animation : fixed a crash that could occur after changing the strike animation of a player
- Animation : CPU won't do a gesture anymore just before striking an incoming fault ball
- Animation : in some case, players were not correctly looking at the ball
- AI : when at net, CPU players don't run to baseline anymore after have jumped to the ball & missed it
- HUD : Energy bars should now be correctly displayed on left/right when playing in Doubles with the camera standing on the Opposite end (for real this time
- World Tour : when playing with more than 1 human player, some CPU players could have their ranking history not saved ; that was likely creating problem on their Head To Head view & previous year activity view
- Menu : mouse speed in fullscreen could be extremely slow in case of settings corruptionNotes :
More new features & changes are still to come.
So far, I've done only the easiest & quickest ones.