Hi, I bought TE2013 about a week ago and have already sunk an ungodly amount of hours into it and really loving it (playing with the Maxou patch). I have a couple of questions regarding the settings, and a few to do with gameplay.
1) I understand it is possible to change the number of games needed to win a set, but can you change when the tiebreak happens? ie. fast4 style, first to 4 games but with a tiebreak at 3 games all.
2) Does the difficulty chosen at the start of a career make anything permanent? For example, I see that you can change the difficulty of your opponent before every match, but does effect the xp gained?
3) While I have followed tennis for a while, having never actually picked up a tennis racket in my life, a lot of the subtleties are lost on me. Such as what is the use of the different spins on serve, and when to use them over a flat serve?
4) What is the difference between the offensive and defensive lobs? In my time playing I've always found the defensive lob to be the most effective for when the opponent is at the net and I can't get through them, which is the only time I ever use it.
5) I feel I've gotten the hang of playing from the baseline, but whenever I come up to the net, more often than not I just cock it up. My volleys seem to not be very accurate at all (large orange circle), even when playing with a player with high net and forehand/backhand skills. I'd like the ability to change it up and finish points off at the net but I'm just a liability whenever I get into the service box. Any tips?