I'm convinced Manutoo has the ability to implement a good bunch of new animation. It depends now if he has the time and will to do it
Anyway, here's a list of my suggestions which I think it could implemented in pratice.Return Waiting:
- Return waiting preparation (special anim that runs right before the "returnwaiting" and that has to be linked with it).
Example: player jumping and stretching
- Special anims that links the returnwaiting with the wait animation (that could start running after the opponent finishes to bounce the ball to the ground).
Example: Murray that makes 2-3 steps forward and takes the waiting position to hit the ball
- Special "wait animation" for the return (usually it's not like the one during the rallies)
- Special "forehand", "backhand", "slices" and their "defensive" equivalents (when the player is far from the ball) just for the return of serve.Forehands/Backhands- defensive forehand/backhand and defensive slice forehand/backhand (they could run eveytime the player is far away from the ball). Visually it would look great even if the player doesn't reach the ball. Maybe also sliding on the clay courts.
- at least 3 levels of racquet heights: "low", "normal", "high". I think it's enough visually. I also think it's better to have 3 different animations instead of an automatic mechanism that controls only the arm/racquet/pelvis since different heights means also different follow throughs.VolleysSame as before: different heights and defensive volleys (when the player is far from the ball).
- Serve preparation (that could run in the same time as the "return preparation")
Example: player standing and bouncing the ball, player bouncing the ball with the racquet.- Kick Serve animation (you forgot to do this one )
- Different animation when the player is serving from the right/left side of the courtMovements- Definitely we need here a lot of improvements. First we need animations that actually move (you know what I'm talking about). Second we need 3-4 different animations for different speeds (instead of 2 like it is now).
For last, for each type of animation, the possibility to have different animations that would run randomly (with the possibility of assigning their probability of occurence EX; 0 = never runs, 1= runs every time, 0.5 = runs 50% of the times, etc...of course, the sum must be equal to 1)
I realize that's A LOT of work to do from you. Anyway, the game would be still amazing if you could implement just a couple of them (the ones I've marked in red)