Hi! I´ve been playing for quite a while to this awesome game, and I like to share some tips.
- Training is divided in 6 hours per day, 7 seven days a week, making 42 hours of training per week. After 6 hours of training, your Short Term Stamina will recover a little (Because the training´s over for that day). I recomend train in small groups of hours (Train no more than 3, 4 or 5 hours a skill, and rest the hours necesary to fill the 6 hours). You´ll get the impresion that your player isn´t improving, but you´ll get less tired and will have more control of the training.
- In the start, don´t get into a tournament AT LEAST till week 26 or 27. If you trained a good player you will be wining Futures in your first tournaments and you´ll get in the top 100 to the end of the year.
- Train in combos always you can, ESPECIALLY special skills. You´ll get a 100% bonus, and your Reflexes get a lot of imprevement (I´ve got 90% of reflexes, and never train them particulary; reflexes is important for not being overwelmed by your oponent power, for example)
- Passing is one of the most important skills. Is how your player will usually define points.
- Don´t train skills you don´t need. If your player doesnt need volley, don´t waste your time training it. I´ve won Wimbledon with a 5% volley.
- Use the top spin acording the type of surface; when is clay season, train it a little to have it up to 35% (just a little, is no necesary more than 45%). When this season is over, train it low again (About 25% is okay). This will give you a small advantage. Is better not train it too much, because later will be hard to take it back.
- Plan well your calendar. Don´t play a lot of tournaments. Your skill drops really fast, so is better to have lot of weeks to train. Is better play good in the most of the tournament than play a lot of them. When you´ve a got a good ranking, try to play the 4 GS, the 9 M1000, and 5 or 7 other ATP tournaments. I recomend any ATP500, and the ATP250 previous to Australian Slam and Wimbledon (So you can be adapted to the surface)
- Mental Skills are very important. All of them should be improven fairly, but Tactics will give you a great advantage over your opponent. Sometimes, you can win a match only for them. For example, theres a player named Pogsniri Niroj. He´s got the best rally skills (100% on almost all of them), a not so powerfull but precise and consistent serve (Almost 100% in the last two), and an incredible return. His mental skills are quite good too, except he got a 45% tactic. My player has a general 80% skills. The only bonus I´ve got is the tactical bonus. I´ve played about 12 times with him, and I win 10! Just for the tactics, I would say.
- Be carefull chosing your sponsor! It´s better to wait at first till you get a good contract. Try to chose those ones who have shorter therms, even if they´re not so good. This is because you´ll get better eventually, and if you had a 4 years sponsor arrangement when you were rising upon the Top100, you´ll regreting it when you´re gettin into the Top20 or Top10.
I hope you find these tips useful and I hope you like them!