I am having some difficulty with this. in one of the threads about female players, back when you were just adding them to TEM, someone posted this:
Changes to tournament draws:
- in Tier I/II tournaments (draw 56), the qualifying field are 32 players (with 16 seeds). 8 players will be qualified to MD.
- in Indian Wells/Miami (draw 96), the qualifying field are 48 players (with 24 seeds). 12 players will be qualified to MD.
- in Grand Slams, they provide different fields.
A. Australian Open : 96 players/24 seeds/12 qualifies.
B. French Open : 96 players/24 seeds/12 qualifies.
C. Wimbledon : 96 players/24 seeds/12 qualifies.
D. US Open : 128 players/32 seeds/16 qualifies.
- according to the 2006 calendar, these 32 draw tournaments have 16 draw qualifying (with 4 players qualify). They are Bali, Kolkata, Guangzhou and Tashkent.
- in 25000 Challengers and lower (satellite), in qualifying draw (no matter how many players enter) there will be 8 players qualified to Main Draw.
Your response to that was that you were working on other projects and felt that getting the draw right was not worth the time it would take, but that the changes could be incorporated 'almost easily' by your customers. I have tried this, and it is not easy for me at all. Here are some of the questions that came up, some of them having nothing to do with qualfying draws:
1) In the Tournament Category WTA.ini, tournament type 15 is the Masters Cup. You have the rating points listed as 450/200/0/100. Shouldn't that be 450/200/100/0?
2) You have categories for 64 draw Futures, and for 64 and 32 draw Satellite tournaments. None of these appear on the schedule in the game (at least not for the WTA, which is all I have played).
A) Could the existing Futures tournaments be changed to 64 draw?
B) What is a Satellite tournament? They seem to have a higher prize than Futures, but earn the same number of ranking points.
C) If I was to create some Satellite tournaments, what sort of things should I keep in mind? (Such as where would they be held? How many per week? Are they held in conjunction with higher level tournaments? At certain times of year?)
3) For many of the categories the entry points do not seem to match the number of rounds. As examples,for the three tournament types listed in question 2 above there seems to be a round missing, unless the losers in the finals earn the same number of pints as the winners.
4) Likewise, you have categories 10 & 12 (for 48 and 64 draw Tier III), categories 6 & 8 (for 48 and 64 draw Tier II), and categories 4 & 5 (for 32, 48 and 64 draw TierI). None of these tournaments exist in the WTA schedule provided with the game!
I just started up 1.0c for the first time and ran through the year.
Tier IV tournaments are almost exclusively 32 draw, with one 16 draw for which there is no category in the WTA category.ini.
Tier III tournaments are mostly 32 draw, with a few 28, 30 and 56 draws (none of the latter three being in the .ini).
Tier II tournaments are almost all 28 draw with one 56 draw, neither size appearing in the .ini.
Tier I tournaments are 96 draw, 56 draw and 28 draw, the last two of those not appearing in the .ini.
5) At this point I am very confused, and I am just getting around to the qualifying draws. The post I quoted at the top of this post refers to the number of players who should appear in a qualfying tournament, the number of seeds and implies the number of rounds in the qualifier (mostly two, except three in the Grand Slams and an unknown number in the $25,000 and under tournaments). I was able to find draw numbers for the main tournaments in the .ini, but could not figure out how to do them for the qualifying tournaments.
Could you please help straighten this out so can enter those changes?
This really deserves a seperate post, but since I am typing, I might as well continue.
When I just started up 1.0c for the first time, when I exited it, it asked me to buy the full game. This switching to a new build is not as simple as it appears. I have had problems every time I have downloaded a new build for this game (three times now). Aside from overwriting the changes I make to some of the Data files, this most recent one has erased my registration key. I thought that it was suggested to keep the registration in the game folder, but I must have been mistaken.
6) What do I need to do to unlock this version of the game, and how do I avoid losing my key the next time I update?