Do Not Click On The Honey Pot !

"Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopening

the place to report any bug met in the game

"Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopening

Postby evannoteven » 26 Sep 2026, 20:23

Hi Manu,

Writing you as I am having success with the mods for calendar and player database to create a new career mode in 2026, and I can exit the career and 'continue' or resume the career while the game is still open from the session where I start the career. However, when I try to close the app, reopen the app and then continue the career mode, I get a game hang that won't resolve itself after any amount of time, both on PC and console for some reason.

For context I have 2D courts, a calendar mod, an outfit mod and a database mod active but nothing is changing within the mods between when I close the app from a continued career, and re-open it to start again from the resume option. I can attach a log here as well in case it's helpful and can share the mod files themselves if easiest to diagnose. There are some helpful error and warning codes within that may be causing the issue?

Editing to add that I fixed the code lines and talents that the log flagged for me, and that didn't fix the hang issue.

Thank you for your time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 27 Sep 2026, 05:46

Hello,

you have "Error" 's in your log. Error usually means the game will crash or worst, so these those 1st.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 27 Sep 2026, 15:18

Hi Manu, these are the only still active error codes I can see within the log, how do I fix this? I've fixed all of the lines from the log that have been removed from the below. Do you mind expanding on what I can do to fix this? I guess I maybe need to add a currency lang thread for Yen? And then for the Davis Cup issue do I just need to add NbDavisCupRound = 3 and then DavisRound = 1, 2, 3?

Created List 'Grounds' with 199 elements, including 11 built-ins
Created List 'Grounds-All' with 219 elements, including 16 built-ins
Loaded 'Ini/Players.ATP.ini' with 4717 players (Tallest = 211 cm ; Smallest = 150 cm)
Time to load 'Ini/Players.ATP.ini' = 216.3ms
Loaded 'Ini/TourCategory.ATP.ini' with 38 categories
Warning: Tournament Tournament165_YokkaichiChallenger-Yokkaichi Challenger currency '¥' is incorrect
Warning: Tournament Tournament195_MiyazakiChallenger-Koyushokucho Miyazaki Challenger currency '¥' is incorrect
Warning: Tournament Tournament622_MatsuyamaChallenger-Matsuyama Challenger currency '¥' is incorrect
Warning: Tournament Tournament627_KobeChallenger-Hyogo Noah Challenger currency '¥' is incorrect
Warning: Tournament Tournament630_YokohamaChallenger-Yokohama currency '¥' is incorrect
Loaded 'Ini/Tour.ATP.ini' with 662 tournaments
Found 5 Country cup rounds (Max = 7), with 2 rounds for the Qualies
3 Tour Base(s) Modded
Error: Davis Cup Rounds should be 5 for Year 2026
Error: Davis Cup Rounds should be 5 for Year 0
Loading Saved Game: '/Users/evanbrown/Library/Application Support/Mana Games/Tennis Elbow 4/Profiles/XKT/WT_Current.Sav'
(saved with SubBuild 202609102 ; started with SubBuild 202609102 ; NbCrash = 0) (Index = 0 ; Year: 2026 - Week: 52 ; GM: 0)
TotalParseLang 3218 codes = 0.7ms (Alt = 0)
Modded ParseLang : 906 new codes
Found 3 Davis Cup Rounds in Year 0 (Max = 5)
Error: Davis Cup Rounds should be 5 for Year 0
Found 3 Country cup rounds for Men Tour (Max = 7)
Error: Davis Cup Rounds should be 5 for Year 2026
TournamentDb Size for Year 2026 = 1363 KB; CRC = 0xE5B4852369B24D62
Error: Davis Cup Rounds should be 5 for Year 0
Extended player bank from 4926 to 6312 players
Found 3 Davis Cup Rounds in Year 2026 (Max = 5)
Error: Davis Cup Rounds should be 5 for Year 2026
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 28 Sep 2026, 05:55

The lines starting with "Error:" mean the game cannot work.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 28 Sep 2026, 14:46

Manu, I know what an error code means I am asking how I can fix this issue specifically with Davis Cup and the Yen currency? I only have three listed rounds for the Davis Cup in my tour.ini file so I am not sure why your game is reading 5, or creating these error codes. Please also advise on the currency question when possible.
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 29 Sep 2026, 08:24

You should check carefully the files of the Mods, and your Tour.ini ; something is wrong there, but I can't check it for you... :fear:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 30 Sep 2026, 01:18

I'm saying I have checked the mods, and fixed all the error codes that were active aside from the ones I am asking for your input on how to fix. I think this (topic60-35117.php?hilit=davis+cup+set+rounds) topic is relevant maybe? My Tour ini has 3 davis cup rounds, but I don't specify anywhere that there are only 3 rounds, or which rounds they are in the tour ini file, do I need to do that? Separately for Yen, does the game not recognize that currency? As far as I can tell it only recognizes Euros, USD and Pounds/Sterling?
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 30 Sep 2026, 05:54

1) You might have a tournament with a wrong category or something like this ; or specified wrong custom periods, etc.

2) Yen isn't supported.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 30 Sep 2026, 14:18

Hi Manu,

All tournament categories were double and triple checked, they are all correct, custom periods are the same where they have yearperiod = and then either -2024 or 2025- listed for the period. I'll remove Yen then since the game won't support accurate regional currency. Is the topic I linked you previously at all relevant here? All other errors were very easy to fix, but this one is very hard to get a straight answer from you on.


EX: this is my davis cup tour.ini entry, the first round does not change format or timing so I have not made updates

[Tournament006_DavisCupQualifiers]
Name = Davis Cup Qualifiers First Round
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = AT
Week = 5
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
IntroName = Country Cup


[Tournament067_DavisCupFinalsGROUPSTAGE]
Name = Davis Cup Finals GROUP STAGE
Ground = IN
Surface = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
Stadium = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = IT
Week = 37
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = -2024
Family = Davis Cup Finals GROUP STAGE
IntroName = Country Cup

[Tournament083_DavisCupFinals]
Name = Davis Cup Finals
Ground = IN
Surface = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
Stadium = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = ES
Week = 47
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = -2024
Family = Davis Cup Finals
IntroName = Country Cup

[Tournament515_DavisCupFinalsQualifiers2]
Name = Davis Cup Finals Second Round
Ground = IN
Surface = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
Stadium = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = IT
Week = 38
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = 2025-
Family = Davis Cup Finals GROUP STAGE
IntroName = Country Cup

[Tournament532_DavisCupFinals]
Name = Davis Cup Finals
Ground = IN
Surface = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
Stadium = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = ES
Week = 48
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = 2025-
Family = Davis Cup Finals
IntroName = Country Cup
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 01 Oct 2026, 06:02

Send me your Tour.ini & TourCategory.ini .
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 02 Oct 2026, 01:15

adding them here, along with my text files that add proper definitions to the tour categories and tour ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 02 Oct 2026, 17:22

Ok, I got it : if you have conditional Country Cup rounds, you have to follow the indications here => viewtopic.php?p=289334#p289334 . :yes:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 02 Oct 2026, 19:15

Hi Manu, This is what I have for the category currently,

[Category16]
Type = CountryCup
//EntryPoints = 0 0 0 0 0 0
//RacePoints = -1
NbSetFinal = 3
NbSetRound = 3
TopPresence = 0.9
SetType = 3
QualifNbRound = 2
TieInLastSet = 0
TypeRank = 3
StressFinal = 80
StressDelta = 15
Color = 0xFF289A74



do I need to add the below to the tour.ini file for number of rounds of davis cup?

[WT_Static]
Sorting = 0
NbDavisCupRound = 3


and then the below updates to each 'round' in my tour.ini?


[Tournament006_DavisCupQualifiers]
Name = Davis Cup Qualifiers First Round
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = AT
Week = 5
DavisRound = 1
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
IntroName = Country Cup


[Tournament067_DavisCupFinalsGROUPSTAGE]
Name = Davis Cup Finals GROUP STAGE
Ground = IN
Surface = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
Stadium = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = IT
Week = 37
DavisRound = 2
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = -2024
Family = Davis Cup Finals GROUP STAGE
IntroName = Country Cup

[Tournament083_DavisCupFinals]
Name = Davis Cup Finals
Ground = IN
Surface = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
Stadium = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = ES
Week = 47
DavisRound = 3
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = -2024
Family = Davis Cup Finals
IntroName = Country Cup

[Tournament515_DavisCupFinalsQualifiers2]
Name = Davis Cup Finals Second Round
Ground = IN
Surface = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
Stadium = 10024 Davis Cup Group Stage
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = IT
Week = 38
DavisRound = 2
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = 2025-
Family = Davis Cup Finals GROUP STAGE
IntroName = Country Cup

[Tournament532_DavisCupFinals]
Name = Davis Cup Finals
Ground = IN
Surface = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
Stadium = 10025 Davis Cup Finals
DrawSingle = 2
DrawDouble = 2
Category = 16
Country = ES
Week = 48
DavisRound = 3
CustomHud = HUD_DavisCup
YearPeriod = 2025-
Family = Davis Cup Finals
IntroName = Country Cup
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby manutoo » 03 Oct 2026, 05:59

Yes. :yes:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: "Continue Career" Game Hang after closing app and reopen

Postby evannoteven » 03 Oct 2026, 20:31

all fixed, thanks Manu!
evannoteven
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 32
Gaming Since: 03 May 2026, 18:16
Location: United States


Return to TE - Bug & Glitch Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 1 guest