Do Not Click On The Honey Pot !

macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

the place to report any bug met in the game

macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 26 Aug 2026, 23:26

Since updating my Mac to macOS 26.6.2 last night, Tennis Elbow 4 always freezes when I try to go online.

System:
- MacBook Air M2
- macOS 26.6.2
- Tennis Elbow 4 Build 162-2026.7.6
- Steam version
- XKT 4.4b installed

The problem also happens with the Default Mod, so it is not related to XKT.

What happens:
- Offline modes work perfectly.
- As soon as I click Online, the game reaches "Verifying account..." and freezes.
- The music continues playing, but the whole game (graphics and mouse cursor) is frozen.
- I have to Force Quit the game.

Things I already tested:
- Verified game files in Steam.
- Restarted Mac and Steam.
- Tested with Default Mod.
- Created a completely new Tennis Elbow 4 profile.
- Tested with Xbox controller connected and disconnected.
- Mana Games website is reachable.
- mod.io is reachable.
- Steam friends and Steam online services work normally.

Player.log shows:
EncryptedAppTicketResponse = k_EResultOK
Successfully retrieved Encrypted App Ticket
Auth CallBack => k_EUserHasLicenseResultNoAuth

I can upload the full Player.log if needed.

Thank you.
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby manutoo » 27 Aug 2026, 05:40

Hello,

try to authorize TE4 in the macOS Firewall, especially for the UDP protocol (TCP/IP seems to be fine, as you can reach mod.io).

If you have a VPN, try using it with TE4.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 27 Aug 2026, 20:46

Hello,

I did some additional tests.

The macOS firewall is disabled.

TE4 works normally when my Mac is connected through my phone hotspot, but it freezes on “Verifying account…” when connected through my Play fiber Wi-Fi.

I also tested DNS, IPv4/IPv6 and connectivity to Mana Games.

From my Play connection I can successfully connect to:
www.managames.com:443

The server returns HTTP 200 and the TE4_Build.php response contains:
162 202607060 202509250

My public IPv4 is 77.236.22.159.

I also tested UDP port 4321 with netcat, although I understand this does not prove that UDP traffic is actually reaching the server.

Could the TE4 online connection be using UDP ports in the 50000-65000 range shown by TE4_Build.php?

Since TE4 works immediately through the phone hotspot but not through my Play fiber connection, could you tell me exactly which UDP ports/servers need to be reachable?

Thank you.
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 27 Aug 2026, 21:43

using VPN also didn't work
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby manutoo » 28 Aug 2026, 06:24

TE4 sends punch-through info to a random UDP port on managames.com server within the 50000-65000 range.
Then you have the 4321 UDP port shown in Main Menu -> Training Club -> Online ; you can try to change it to something else.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 28 Aug 2026, 16:49

I tried changing the TE4 UDP port from 4321 to 4322, and then to 5000, but the game still freezes at exactly the same point: “Verifying account…”.

However, I noticed that this port can only be changed after entering the Online/Training Club section, so I’m not sure whether changing it actually affects the connection/authentication stage where the freeze occurs.

The important difference is still that TE4 works normally online through my phone hotspot, but freezes on my fiber Wi-Fi.

i dunno what to do next :/
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 28 Aug 2026, 17:06

I checked the Player.log while the game freezes. I found this:

Got 13 IPs, including 13 local ones & 0 Internet IPv6 ones

NatDevice #1 = Local Address: 192.168.0.1
Public IP: 0.0.0.0

Selected NatDevice = Local Address: 192.168.0.1
Public IP: 0.0.0.0

=> External IP = 0.0.0.0

The game still works normally when I connect the Mac through my phone hotspot, but freezes on my Play fiber Wi-Fi. This started immediately after updating macOS to 26.6.2 — I played TE4 normally on the same Mac, same router and same settings the day before the macOS update.

Does the External IP = 0.0.0.0 indicate that the punch-through/NAT detection is failing?
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby manutoo » 29 Aug 2026, 06:06

Could you send me your Player.log to : contact (at) managames -dot- com ?
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 29 Aug 2026, 18:31

Yeah, I have just sent you Player.log at your mail.
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby majorsinner » 30 Aug 2026, 03:30

Hi, I have the same issue on my mac. Was this resolved?
majorsinner
tennis curious
 
Messages: 1
Gaming Since: 28 Aug 2026, 20:09

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby manutoo » 30 Aug 2026, 06:58

ChatGPT likely found the issue, plus fixed the issue with my router (being only seen on IPv6 but needing to forward the port from IPv4).

So the freeze should hopefully be fixed in the next update, coming within a few days. :yes:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby rezoderson » 03 Sep 2026, 22:21

When will it happen?
for now still not working :(

thank you!
rezoderson
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 21
Gaming Since: 21 Jun 2026, 14:04
Location: Poland

Re: macOS 26.6.2 upload - can't join on line game

Postby manutoo » 04 Sep 2026, 20:44

rezoderson,
likely within a couple of days. There was quite a bunch of stuff that needed to be done for that new update. :fear:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21394
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France


Return to TE - Bug & Glitch Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 1 guest