Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Archived Results from the Tour 2011

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Dr.Ivo » 24 Jun 2011, 22:22

seymouria wrote:I don't think the style should be banned, because it's a style of play within the game's bounderies. This allows styles to be banned simply because they are annoying.

HOWEVER, I think manutoo should strongly consider changing it so this style cannot be used to effectively. Lobs off returns consistantly are unrealistic. It's not a bug, but it's something that should be addressed. I've also noticed that net play recently (not sure how recently) is becoming quite strong...in a way it's too difficult to pass. I played a set with someone and I didn't hit a single pass the entire match, which is very unusual. Perhaps this could be looked at manu, because these two issues make play a bit unrealistic and can cause players to use this kind of style during a match.

Manu, take a second to think about this when you have a chance.



I completely agree...i just use possibilities, it probably shouldnt be possible to use this so effectively, it would be more realistic...but thats why its a game, it cant be completely realistic...and again,that werent lobs :roll: :whistle:
Yeah, this is a style and that is the reason i said that banning doesnt make any sence of this world, its a gamee...it is possible to play good at the net, maybe too good, but thats not my fault and there is nothing unclear about that :sweat:
Dr.Ivo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 513
Gaming Since: 27 Oct 2010, 15:04
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby seymouria » 24 Jun 2011, 22:29

Still Dr.Ivo, just because it's legal doesn't mean it's good to do...
If you know it's a loophole in a gameplay flaw, then don't use it.
Last edited by seymouria on 24 Jun 2011, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
seymouria
tennis fan
tennis fan
 
Messages: 19
Gaming Since: 20 Jun 2011, 19:39

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Ivan Ljubicic » 24 Jun 2011, 22:29

I still stand by the fact that you played an unfair.
User avatar
Ivan Ljubicic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 467
Gaming Since: 15 Jun 2009, 11:58
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Dr.Ivo » 24 Jun 2011, 22:31

seymouria wrote:Still Dr.Ivo, just because it's legal doesn't mean it's good to do...



I know...but its something different, its just a game so i dont take it so much serious how someone plays, i think it is good to have some different players...
And i of course dont play it all the time, i play it sometimes, it was just the case more in this particular match cause of the circumstances :sweat:
Dr.Ivo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 513
Gaming Since: 27 Oct 2010, 15:04
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby seymouria » 24 Jun 2011, 22:38

Different styles are interesting yes, but just use your own conscience about what is fair play or not.

Sorry for Ivan Ljubicic. I would also be very frustrated if I lost to this style of play.
seymouria
tennis fan
tennis fan
 
Messages: 19
Gaming Since: 20 Jun 2011, 19:39

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Ivan Ljubicic » 24 Jun 2011, 22:40

70% of the points you played in such a way.
User avatar
Ivan Ljubicic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 467
Gaming Since: 15 Jun 2009, 11:58
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Dr.Ivo » 24 Jun 2011, 22:45

seymouria wrote:Different styles are interesting yes, but just use your own conscience about what is fair play or not.

Sorry for Ivan Ljubicic. I would also be very frustrated if I lost to this style of play.



If i consider it unfair, i wouldnt play it for sure, trust me...
Dr.Ivo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 513
Gaming Since: 27 Oct 2010, 15:04
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Dr.Ivo » 24 Jun 2011, 22:46

Ivan Ljubicic wrote:70% of the points you played in such a way.


Yes, i did, i admit...in this match yes.
Dr.Ivo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 513
Gaming Since: 27 Oct 2010, 15:04
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Ivan Ljubicic » 24 Jun 2011, 22:46

seymouria wrote:Different styles are interesting yes, but just use your own conscience about what is fair play or not.

Sorry for Ivan Ljubicic. I would also be very frustrated if I lost to this style of play.


I totally agree with you.
User avatar
Ivan Ljubicic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 467
Gaming Since: 15 Jun 2009, 11:58
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Florian » 24 Jun 2011, 22:52

Ivan Ljubicic wrote:I still stand by the fact that you played an unfair.


Dr ivo should be banned for such a noob playing. Hopefully will manutoo fix it soon...
Singles 2012
Winner : Indian Wells, Miami, Memphis, Acapulco, Barcelona, Beijing, Halle, 's-Hertogenbosch, Newport, Metz, Bangkok, Stockholm
Final : Wimbledon, Hamburg
SF : Rotterdam, Roland Garros,Toronto
Singles 2011
Winner : Zagreb, Metz, Vienna
Rank #1
User avatar
Florian
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 587
Gaming Since: 03 Jan 2010, 13:32
Location: Paris

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Igor Josifoski » 24 Jun 2011, 22:53

Florian wrote:
Dr ivo should be banned for such a noob playing. Hopefully will manutoo fix it soon...


Be calm, if you beat me I'll ask for banning you :lol:
Singles Ranking = INACTIVE[retired]
2012
Dubai - W
Casblanca - F
Buenos Aires - SF
User avatar
Igor Josifoski
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1242
Gaming Since: 25 Feb 2010, 23:31
Location: Macedonia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Ivan Ljubicic » 24 Jun 2011, 22:55

Florian wrote:Dr ivo should be banned for such a noob playing. Hopefully will manutoo fix it soon...


Yeah Flori , you are right.
User avatar
Ivan Ljubicic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 467
Gaming Since: 15 Jun 2009, 11:58
Location: Croatia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby DavidFerrer_ » 24 Jun 2011, 22:55

Fady212 wrote:Comone David Ferer i am here now :(

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH!....................................................
IM ALL DAY THE ONLINE AND YOU POST THAT?WTF!
...loool conect now i am here
Singles 2-7Rank:31

Doubles 8-7 Rank:11
F:Queens club's
SM:Eastbourne,Newport,Atlanta
QF:Wimbledon,Washington
User avatar
DavidFerrer_
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 161
Gaming Since: 02 May 2011, 18:51
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Jelena Jankovic » 24 Jun 2011, 23:06

I know such a feeling because I played the guy with the same playing style - Vasil Todorov. In my point of view, it is really stupid, unrealistic and unfair. Although this is a game, this is a tennis game, not moonballing, lobbing and so on...
Ranking: #2

Titles: 12

2011 Highlights:
W: Auckland, Barcelona, Wimb, Washington
F: AO, Memphis, Dubai, Miami, Belgrade, Bangkok, Moscow, Vienna, Basel, WTF
User avatar
Jelena Jankovic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 986
Gaming Since: 23 Jun 2009, 16:55
Location: Serbia

Re: Wimbledon Singles (Official Topic)

Postby Anis.nadal » 24 Jun 2011, 23:07

Dr.Ivo shouldn't be banned for being strong and beating top 20 players :wink: and not because he is a strong volleyer he gets banned , he has a nice net and he doesn't play lobs like you say . If its like that i willl ban schmith for hitting banana shots :lol: joke :P . but he shouldn't get banned anyway
User avatar
Anis.nadal
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 73
Gaming Since: 18 Aug 2010, 12:34
Location: Tunisia

PreviousNext

Return to Tour 2011

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests