Hi guys..I am new to this game and forums but Mana has created the best tennis game I've played...EVER! And the modders have made it the most realistic tennis game EVER! It has been quite frustrating for me to figure out how to use some of the wonderful mods out there (part of the problem was I didn't know they were mods
). In particular, there are all these great 2D HD courts but I couldn't figure out how to use them in tournaments. Thanks to Inception, now I do. And I want to share how with those who don't know as well as couple other things I figured out.Install 2d HD courts (practice or WT)..This is only based on Sam's Patch though it should work similar with any other patch.
1) Find your favorite court, download and unzip to a created folder.
2) Go to Tour.ATP.ini in the Data (not DataDavis,Datanew, etc) and open it with Notepad or similar program
3) If you want WTA court, do same steps but go to WTA.ini (There are a couple for WTA in there)
4) Scroll til you see a list of Courts starting with the number 1. These are the custom courts.
5) Find the initials for the tournament your favorite court is part of. (For instance, if you downloaded Margaret Day Court for the Australian Open, then you would find the AO tournament as number 66).
6) Here's the tricky part: Tournament number 66 in the Tour.ATP.ini is actually custom court 57 in the Data folder. The reason is that the court count in the Data folder starts at 1 and goes to 9, then re-starts with custom courts at 1.
7) Open the correct custom court (in our example, custom court 57).
8) Simply copy the court.jpg and court.ini from the created folder and replace with the existing files in the custom court main directory (in our example, I would copy the Margaret Day Court .jpg and .ini and replace the courts in the main directory
of custom court folder 57).
9) Start game and choose AO as either your practice court or WT court and the court should be there.
10) If I wanted to play my next match of AO on Rod Laver Court at night, I would copy the .jpg and .ini from the Rod Laver night court folder (Note: if you are using Sam's patch, the folder is already in custom court 57) and replace with .jpg and .ini in the AO main directory (custom court 57).
Do same for French, US Open, Madrid, etc.Remove Chair Judge when using 2D courts
I noticed when playing with the 2D courts that the photorealistic courts already had chair judges. But when Sam's mod was created, each of the courts had chair judges added. Thus you had 2 chair judges with one at times superimposed on the other. Here's how to remove the extra one:
Go to main directory of whatever custom court you want to play with and simply delete chairumpire.tga and chairumpire.txt. and start the game. Select the court and he's gone.Remove Overlapping TV Logo with 2D courts
As with chair judge, photorealistic courts already have tv logos on them. To remove the extra tv logo, do as follows:
1) Go to Menu in Main Directory
2) Open Art
3) Open Ico
4) Open Folder of type of tournament you want to remove tv logo (e.g. ATP 250, ATP 1000, etc)
5) Delete tvlogo.tga
6) Start game
Now..this removes the overlapping tv logo (e.g ESPN) but it leaves a blank silhouette on the screen where the tvlogo would be (I could not find a corresponding tvlogo.txt file). It still looks way better than having two tv logos, but if someone knows how to remove the silhouette, please post the answer.
Hope this helps some who have had the same frustrations as me.