since a few months, some Modders started to use Adf.ly links to link to their Mod downloads.
So from now on, if you want to use such linking, you should follow this rule :
- Always put a direct download link (DDL) after the ads link ; example :
- Code: Select all
Download my awesome Mod : http://adf.ly/ZZZ (DDL : http://www.mediafire.com/YYY )
Like this, people will have the choice to give a bit of their time or not, so this would be equivalent of a donation system & thus comply with Tennis Elbow EULA.
Additional rules :
- no adf.ly link to screenshot, video ; ie: only links to download actual Mod are allowed
- no chainlinking (ie: a adf.ly that links to another adf.ly link)
- if you're a Verified Modder and put such kind of links in your topics' 1st post, then you should edit them to add the DDL
- all of this apply to other similar services than adf.ly
- you can't have a Adf.ly link in your signature (because as there's only 1 link allowed in the signature, it can't be followed by a clickable DDL).
This will also prevent the following issues :
- if adf.ly is temporally unavailable, it's not possible to download the Mod ; having a DDL fix that
- if adf.ly closes down, it will never be possible to download the Mod anymore ; having a DDL fix that
- we don't know what site hides behind the link, thus I can't easily know what's going on ; having a DDL fix that