Do Not Click On The Honey Pot !

World Tour Campaign from 1973 to Present

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

World Tour Campaign from 1973 to Present

Postby Kashogi8 » 23 Sep 2026, 01:36

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to play a World Tour save starting at the earliest stage (1973) and continuing until the future. I know that in world tour a player can only play for 25 years, but I think it would be cool if I could pick different players throughout time, for example play as Borg in the 80s and then switch to Agassi to Federer etc. Then I'd be able to play a whole history and keep records throughout time. I noticed that I can export the rankings in World Tour to a csv and I was also wondering if that can be used at all. Thank you
Kashogi8
tennis fan
tennis fan
 
Messages: 11
Gaming Since: 05 Feb 2026, 18:43
Location: United States

Re: World Tour Campaign from 1973 to Present

Postby holt77 » 23 Sep 2026, 03:47

You can increase the MaxYear for World Tour mode in your Tennis.ini (or XKT.ini, if you're using XKT) file.

See this thread: topic11-31564.php (the question was asked in the TEM2 forum, but I think it applies to TE4 as well)

The player(s) that you start coaching will eventually become too old to play, but you can choose to play the matches of any other players as your World Tour progresses. Just don't retire your own player, as I believe that will automatically end the game. As far as I'm aware, your player will just age indefinitely, allowing you to continue for as long as you want, subject to the memory/total player limits stated by Manu in the above-linked thread.

Manu - I'm assuming the same limits still apply, and that this works for TE4 as well as TEM2?

I'm currently planning a fictional tour that will last for more than 100 years.
holt77
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 111
Gaming Since: 10 Jun 2025, 11:51

Re: World Tour Campaign from 1973 to Present

Postby manutoo » 23 Sep 2026, 06:04

holt77,
Yes, it works in the same way in both games.

Kashogi8,
if you get TEM2 in addition to TE4, you'll be able to hire additional players ; and you can tweak your Tennis.ini to get their contracts to last more than 1 year.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21379
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France


Return to Tennis Elbow 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 6 guests