Do Not Click On The Honey Pot !

Effectiveness of body serves

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Effectiveness of body serves

Postby Ruze » 01 Sep 2026, 10:05

I've been feeling for a while now that serves to the body, especially kick serves, are not as effective as they should be. Too many times I've hit a great kick that is definitely not at an optimal hitting length away from the opponent's body (that is to say, into their body) and they're able to return at some crazy angles. Doesn't matter if it's a strong, regular, or safe serve. Does anyone else have a similar experience?
Ruze
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 27
Gaming Since: 19 Mar 2026, 04:58
Location: Canada

Re: Effectiveness of body serves

Postby Jirafalox » 01 Sep 2026, 14:25

They do indeed suck. This is mainly because when you're waiting for the serve, if you press the shot button right away as the server begings to bounce the ball, you'll have basically a perfect shot with an incredibly long preparation already set up for the return, and if you're fast enough to see that the ball is coming towards you and you don't let go of the shot button, the autopositioning will move you enough to not hit a like a "red" shot (the icon that shows when you miss), and added that you've been preparing the shot for so long, even if autopositioning didn't get you out of the way of the serve completely, the return quality will be incredibly high just because of the super long preparation time making it almost impossible to miss even if you're waiting with acceleration shot on second serves for example.

Hope I was clear
Former World number 1 in Official Tour. Retired.
Australian Open 26'
Wimbledon 26
Word Tour Finals 25'
Paris 24', 25' Shanghai 25' Toronto 25' Miami 25'
A bunch of 500s and 250s :wink:
User avatar
Jirafalox
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 227
Gaming Since: 13 Mar 2024, 02:06
Location: Chile

Re: Effectiveness of body serves

Postby manutoo » 03 Sep 2026, 05:45

1) I lowered the AutoPos a bit on return of serve (when playing with the Average AutoPos), if you started to press the button before the serve, for the next update (coming within a few days), it should make the body serve a bit more effective vs humans (against CPU, it won't change anything, though, but I guess it's about the online, although it was not posted in the online forum, so I'm not sure :fear: ).

2) I thought the preparation time was reset on serve since TE2013, but actually, it wasn't ! :shock:
It's done for the next update as well. :yes:

Jirafalox,
3) I got your Bug Report. The combo allows for 350 ms between steps, and doesn't reset if you repeat a step, including the last one. I think it's ok because it allows you to adjust your positioning a bit without losing your combo.

4) I'm not a fan of the "press the button right on the serve hit", but actually, with what I did with the AutoPos, if you press at least 1/60th of a second after the serve hit, you'll trigger the normal AutoPos instead of the slowed one, so maybe you'll be able to get a mini-advantage from that. :blackeye:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 21379
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France


Return to Tennis Elbow 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 5 guests