Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby manutoo » 25 Jan 2015, 12:42

Hello,

Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f is released (Build 113-2015.1.25) :
http://www.managames.com/download.php?TE2013_fe10f.exe ~40MB [Permanent direct download link to the latest version]
http://toogame.free.fr/Files/TennisElbow2013.exe [Mirror site for people having corrupted download from managames.com - but not up to date all the time]

Patch for all demo versions since TE2011 v1.0f Build 90 => TE2013 v1.0f Build 114 - SubBuild 2015.9.13 : (download the Patch if you don't want to download the Demo again, or if you want to keep your current settings & Training Club Players ; World Tour saved games are always kept even when reinstalling the Demo)
http://www.managames.com/download.php?TE2013-Patch.exe ~8.5MB

Image

New Features :
- World Tour : rankings & career's end wall of fame stats updated to beginning of 2015 (1)

Changes :
- AI : CPU volley quality noticeably raised ; ie: its reach isn't better than before, but if it hits the ball, it'll do less faults and better volleys
- Menu : Alt-Tab doesn't create issue anymore

Bug fixes :
- AI : CPU wasn't stepping in if needed on return of serve, and thus could easily be aced by slow sliced serves
- World Tour: players weren't wearing white/grey for UK Slam

Notes :
(1)- Players' career length hasn't been changed to avoid invalidating your current saved games, so some players still disappear in 2015 ; if you want to play with them, you can easily extend their career before to begin a new career, by Modding the game => topic29-4059.php
- Changelog of previous versions is here : topic15-19172.php
- Comments : topic15-23613.php


Important Note :
Post in this topic only if it's related to the latest new Version / Build, ie only for these 2 cases :
- about a point listed in the New Features / Changes / Bug Fixes
- about a bug that you are sure didn't happen in the previous version but happens in the new one (else, post in the "Bug Report" forum)
Do not write about anything else, else I may delete your post without any prior warning (or at very least, I won't answer it) ; if you're not sure your topic is related or not to the latest version, just create a new topic in the forum, it'll be fine...

Also on a side note, don't send me PM ( = Private Message) except for Private thing. Everything that can be read by everybody should be pointed out / asked in the forum, so my comments & answers could also be read by everybody, and hopefully, I won't have to write them again when someone else will have the same comments / questions...
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15583
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby manutoo » 13 Sep 2015, 12:30

Build 114, September 13th:

New Features :
- Display : you can disable the rendering of the Danger Zone by changing this line in your Tennis.ini (or your Profile's .ini if you have created one) under [Game], from : "HideDangerZone = 0" to "HideDangerZone = 1" ; this allows to see the Aiming Preview without the Danger Zone

Changes :
- Video Options : turning off the 3D Courts doesn't change nor hide the Level of Details option anymore, which allows to more easily turn off the line judges when playing with a custom 2D court

Bug Fixes :
- World Tour : Master Cup doubles ranking points could be wrongly calculated when looking a past year (*)
- World Tour : Race Doubles rankings were wrong on the 1st weeks of a new year (*)
- Profile : using the patch version was changing the name of the profile used ; if it has happened to you, you'll have to look for a strangely named .ini file in your Profile subfolder and replace your Tennis.ini with it
- CRC : player's CRC could be inconsistently calculated in Fair & Realistic Skill Modes, between the 1st match and a rematch (Free Mode wasn't affected)
- AI : CPU players in Doubles playing in Fair & Realistic Skill Modes could get a bit too strong
- .dmo : replaying a .dmo from recorded online matches was desyncing too often when a player was using the safe shot and/or preparing a strike too late
- .dmo : replaying a .dmo from a recorded online matches with a very high delay could desync when a player was serving without waiting

Notes :
- (*) : these bugs were already fixed in the patch version since 3 months
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15583
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby Algo » 13 Sep 2015, 14:54

Online games seems to not be working unless that's just me.

And since about 2 weeks ago, it's sometimes telling me my nickname is already taken, followed by "no games" in the lobby.

Haven't tried it but I love the idea of aiming preview only, could that be a thing beyond just hiding danger zone?

Edit: Something is off, whatever nick I use is "already taken".
Gonna kill the task and check again

Edit: nothing to kill, that's working fine. I closed the game and there wasn't any anymore.

Edit: restarted my computer, still the same, Name taken followed by no games in the lobby.
It is also taking longer than normal to verify my account.
Attachments
System.Log
(24.63 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2345
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby manutoo » 13 Sep 2015, 15:28

Algo,
ouch, I had forgotten to note down a little thing in my Steam update process, so the Steam version is crippled now and online doesn't work. It'll be fixed in a few minutes... :blackeye:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15583
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby hbk1992 » 13 Sep 2015, 16:07

Hi,

Same problem,

Online works like one match and now impossible to play again
hbk1992
tennis curious
 
Messages: 2
Gaming Since: 13 Sep 2015, 15:43

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby Max Diamandis » 13 Sep 2015, 16:36

I have too big ping in online games... It was ok but after patch i cant play...
Max Diamandis
court crocodile
court crocodile
 
Messages: 20
Gaming Since: 21 May 2015, 19:02
Location: Poland

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby manutoo » 14 Sep 2015, 02:51

hbk1992,
Steam authentication servers might be a bit slow.

Max Diamandis,
new version didn't change pings ; check that your antivirus doesn't do some kind of deep analysis of network traffic of new applications.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15583
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby Uchiha Muss » 14 Sep 2015, 19:52

you can disable the rendering of the Danger Zone by changing this line in your Tennis.ini (or your Profile's .ini if you have created one) under [Game], from : "HideDangerZone = 0" to "HideDangerZone = 1" ; this allows to see the Aiming Preview without the Danger Zone


OMG!!! I was actually going to request that feature soon. I was thinking how the method of displaying previews and aim was very inconvenient. Ideally I think every option should be separate and be like module that we can turn on and off individually.
e.g. full preview on serve, no preview on rallies, aiming preview on or no preview on serve some preview on rallies, no aiming preview.
But any change is still welcome. Thanks
User avatar
Uchiha Muss
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 76
Gaming Since: 15 Feb 2013, 20:47
Location: Ireland

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby tlato entwistle » 01 Oct 2015, 02:17

I was playing around 10-15 minutes on exhibition mode practising volleys, but when I saw the player stats, there was no winners in any shot.
tlato
Renewed player to be more competitive and better every day
Singles rank: NR Doubles rank: NR
User avatar
tlato entwistle
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 205
Gaming Since: 03 Jan 2011, 01:05
Location: Chile

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby manutoo » 01 Oct 2015, 03:39

tlato entwistle,
you downloaded the patch, right ?
I checked & fixed it, it should be ok now, you can download it again.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15583
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby Ivo ISNER » 27 Nov 2015, 21:21

Manutoo, idk if this has been discussed alot, but IMO net play should be a little easier. This is just my opinion ofc, but as soon as someone hits a b1 shot, you have like a 10% chance of winning the point, and the anims change to baseline strokes and 90% the time, its an error. Just a suggestion, not a criticism :D.
ITSTsingles:24-doubles:1
Tour Mod
tour rank: (singles)20 (Doubles)10
Biggest wins: doubles: def. Quasar 6-4 2-6 1-6 7-6(7) 12-10 Wimbledon r2
Singles: def. Sampreas 6-4 4-6 7-6(8)
User avatar
Ivo ISNER
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1427
Gaming Since: 07 Dec 2013, 15:16
Location: United States

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby Algo » 29 Nov 2015, 03:47

Ivo ISNER wrote:Manutoo, idk if this has been discussed alot, but IMO net play should be a little easier. This is just my opinion ofc, but as soon as someone hits a b1 shot, you have like a 10% chance of winning the point, and the anims change to baseline strokes and 90% the time, its an error. Just a suggestion, not a criticism :D.

Not sure about 90% of the time but they surely do randomly and rather ilogically (i.e a clearly volleyed shot being counted as a groundstroke) + the fact that those mistakenly-counted-as-groundstrokes shots are (this I'm sure) 100% of the times netted shots.

Is there a way you can separate the way the engine manages groundstrokes and volleys? because this is mostly related to how the depth of groundstrokes work (i.e if you take time off the ball, you might get a deeper shot, specially on safe shots, which I had already reported you about).
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2345
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Tennis Elbow 2013 v1.0f [Windows]

Postby MarkChan » 07 Dec 2015, 18:52

Another "disadvantage" of net play is that the volleyer is forced to touch the out ball due to the auto-pos. (for example, opponent hits a red light out, then the guy at net still volleys that ball becoz he couldnt move away from the ball fast enough due to the auto-pos/net jump)

so sometimes you lose the pt if u accidentally volley a ball that is going out. but it wouldnt happen if u sit at baseline becoz u have enough time to move away from the out ball. So it is not as easy to play at net as those who always sit at baseline think...
Singles Titles and Finalists:
250: Kuala Lumpur '15
Challenger: Georgia F1 '14,Wroclaw '16

Doubles Titles and Finalists:
GS: Australian Open '15,Roland Garros '15(RU)
Masters: Paris '14(RU),Madrid '15(RU),Rome '15(RU)
250: Kuala Lumpur '14,Doha '16
User avatar
MarkChan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 409
Gaming Since: 10 Jul 2012, 10:37
Location: Hong Kong


Return to Tennis Elbow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris Jacob, SemRush [Bot] and 5 guests