TE should have TS4 gameplay

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby kingdjokovic » 01 Sep 2014, 08:47

That's great, because everything in the game is almost perfect, only the gameplay is not very good. You need to look at top spin 4 gameplay because that's really fun to play and if the gameplay would be that fun TE 4 will be the best tennis game.
User avatar
kingdjokovic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 101
Gaming Since: 11 Apr 2014, 13:06

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby Rob92 » 01 Sep 2014, 12:56

kingdjokovic wrote:That's great, because everything in the game is almost perfect, only the gameplay is not very good. You need to look at top spin 4 gameplay because that's really fun to play and if the gameplay would be that fun TE 4 will be the best tennis game.
:|

If you think TS4 gameplay is better than TE gameplay, then TE simply isn't for you. TS4 is an arcade game.
Never marry a tennis player, love means nothing to them!
User avatar
Rob92
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 68
Gaming Since: 26 Jun 2011, 02:35

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby ZuutCoke » 01 Sep 2014, 18:49

Once you've played TE, you can throw TS4 away. Far far away !
ZuutCoke
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 52
Gaming Since: 15 Jul 2013, 03:08
Location: FRANCE

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby deniznadalfan » 01 Sep 2014, 20:09

exactly that one!!!
if you want new outfits from 2016 then contact me on private message!
be free to make a donation on paypal: deniznadalfan@hotmail.com
User avatar
deniznadalfan
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2224
Gaming Since: 08 Aug 2013, 16:50
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby manutoo » 02 Sep 2014, 04:30

kingdjokovic,
I guess that like your idol, you like big joke... ;)
And in case you don't : TS4 gameplay may be fun, but it's very loosely related to real tennis, while TE is a tennis simulation. And it won't change anytime soon ! :blackeye:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15587
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby ComeonANDY!! » 02 Sep 2014, 23:51

kingdjokovic wrote:That's great, because everything in the game is almost perfect, only the gameplay is not very good. You need to look at top spin 4 gameplay because that's really fun to play and if the gameplay would be that fun TE 4 will be the best tennis game.

TS4's gameplay? :lol: How dare you mention that pile of shit on the Mana Games forum! It is absolutely crap compared to TE in every way!!
User avatar
ComeonANDY!!
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1517
Gaming Since: 10 Jul 2012, 21:47
Location: England

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby PattySchnyder » 04 Sep 2014, 03:46

kingdjokovic wrote:That's great, because everything in the game is almost perfect, only the gameplay is not very good. You need to look at top spin 4 gameplay because that's really fun to play and if the gameplay would be that fun TE 4 will be the best tennis game.


Umm no..please leave. Why would you even suggest a thing? Are you on drugs?
PattySchnyder
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 229
Gaming Since: 06 Aug 2007, 00:00

Re: Previsional "Tennis Elbow 4" Planning

Postby kingdjokovic » 07 Sep 2014, 07:16

manutoo wrote:kingdjokovic,
I guess that like your idol, you like big joke... ;)
And in case you don't : TS4 gameplay may be fun, but it's very loosely related to real tennis, while TE is a tennis simulation. And it won't change anytime soon ! :blackeye:

Manutoo, I bought the game for 25$ so I'm a very big believer in the game. I thought that you are nice and always helping but you are only making fun on me. I only shared an idea. I think that TE is much much better than ts4. I only said that the shots need to be more realistic. if you don't agree don't be a jerk.

ComeonANDY!! wrote:TS4's gameplay? :lol: How dare you mention that pile of shit on the Mana Games forum! It is absolutely crap compared to TE in every way!!

ComeonANDY!!, from the first moment I noticed that you are unpleasant jerk so just don't say anything. and you're andy murray fan? if you like grumpy scottish tennis players so don't make fun of me.

antimouse wrote:The only thing that TS4 have better than TE is graphics and animations. Nothing else!
Gameplay in TE is fantastic. And I loved to see the new features that Manutoo is planning to add to the new version. Junior career is definitely going to be one of my favorite features. I hope the modding limitations of Unity don't affect 2D court making at least, because that is one of the best aspects of the current game.

antimouse, you are the only one who disagree with me in a properly way. I really like your modding and I appreciate you for not making fun of me. everyone in here need to learn from antimouse :D :D :D

PattySchnyder wrote:Umm no..please leave. Why would you even suggest a thing? Are you on drugs?

Your comment is so stupid that I don't even care.
User avatar
kingdjokovic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 101
Gaming Since: 11 Apr 2014, 13:06

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby noname1988 » 07 Sep 2014, 09:20

But "gameplay" and "more realistic shots" are different things.
User avatar
noname1988
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 79
Gaming Since: 19 Aug 2011, 13:26

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby tobstar123 » 07 Sep 2014, 15:23

Its exactly the gameplay which is amazing in TE ??? Im thinking about better graphics, then it would be an absolute complete game :) I think he might refer to the graphics in TS4 to be converted to TE (but thats possibly an impossible project or what manu?? :)
tobstar123
tennis enthusiastic
tennis enthusiastic
 
Messages: 6
Gaming Since: 12 Mar 2014, 12:21

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby kingdjokovic » 07 Sep 2014, 16:29

So I meant that the game need realistic shots, and that my mistake but manutoo, comeonandy and pattyschnider didn't had to be jerks.
User avatar
kingdjokovic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 101
Gaming Since: 11 Apr 2014, 13:06

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby Rob92 » 08 Sep 2014, 02:18

They weren't being 'jerks', they were responding appropriately to what you posted. When you say about TE "the gameplay is not very good" then you can't really expect very kind responses.

The animations and the transitions between them are better in Top Spin, but that series is made by 2K on a big budget, which gives them the luxury of plenty of mo-cap and the capability to implement stuff like inverse kinematics to make the movement and shot animations as accurate and fluent as possible.

I doubt these things will be possible for TE, but in the actual gameplay TE is far superior. The strategy, patterns of play, rhythm, the execution of shots, replication of mental/pressure situations... It all contributes to a game that feels like tennis and on those terms, Top Spin offers no contest.

Personally, I would take the gameplay of TE over the animations of TS every time, and even on the animations aspect, the modders here have done a fantastic job in recreating the signature styles of a large variety of the top pros.
Never marry a tennis player, love means nothing to them!
User avatar
Rob92
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 68
Gaming Since: 26 Jun 2011, 02:35

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby kingdjokovic » 08 Sep 2014, 03:04

Rob92 wrote:They weren't being 'jerks', they were responding appropriately to what you posted. When you say about TE "the gameplay is not very good" then you can't really expect very kind responses.

they can comment different like antimouse did. He just writed that he disagree and explained to me why without making fun or me or ask me "are you on drugs?" so you can't say that they can't comment differently.
User avatar
kingdjokovic
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 101
Gaming Since: 11 Apr 2014, 13:06

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby manutoo » 08 Sep 2014, 04:30

kingdjokovic,
maybe you should re-read what I wrote before calling me a "jerk". My answer was pretty normal, I only wondered if you were joking or not.

I'm not sure what you mean about "more realistic shots" ; if you're talking about the animations, then I don't think TS4 strike anims are that good, and after a quick look of a Youtube video, I can tell that some of them aren't technically correct. What's better in TS4 are the movement anims, but there, as explained by Rob92, motion capture helps a lot ; with it, it's much easier to have a lot more anims & of better quality than the ones I have in TE2013.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15587
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: TE should have TS4 gameplay

Postby Rob92 » 08 Sep 2014, 11:11

Yeah I agree - the actual strike animations are not perfect in TS, in fact the ones in a modded TE are more accurate imo.

What I do like about the anims in TS is how there is variety depending on where the ball is in relation to the player - like when it's above shoulder height, half-volley, into the body/feet or stretching when it's just in/out of reach. I don't know how possible this sort of variety would be for the next TE, and it could possibly contradict the gameplay style/mechanics of TE.
Never marry a tennis player, love means nothing to them!
User avatar
Rob92
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 68
Gaming Since: 26 Jun 2011, 02:35

Next

Return to Tennis Elbow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot [Bot] and 1 guest