I am new to the game, and was wondering about several issues, which I hope somebody here can answer:
1) a) All shots I can do (except for the dropshot), go either to the service line or to the baseline. I feel restricted as to variation in shot-length. Is it possible to aim well and long prepared shots at places in between those lines? Can you reproduce shots in between those lines?
b) Also, is it possible to hit a ball, maybe a very well prepared topspin, that bounces well between the net and the service line? If so, how?
c) Same question for serves: is it possible to aim and reproduce fast serves closer to the net than the near vicinity of the service line?
d) Are tall players better at serving than small players?
2) I read in the forums about a combo to execute a short slice, which is not mentioned in the documentation... Are there more "hidden" combos? Can anybody supply a full list of them?
3) All my slice-strokes have a strong amount of side-spin in them. Is it possible to play slices without side-spin?
4) The "counter" ability - with which button can I trigger it? Is it totally random, when/if you counter a ball?
5) Does the "topspin" ability affect shot power? Also, the points of this ability are seemingly not counted against the distributable points. Can I put 100 on topspin, even if I am in realistic mode, or is it downscaled there as well?
That's it, for starters at least
Any help would be appreciated.