1. It's possible to do a winning aggressive lob if you have a high lob skill (ie: around 80-100%), stand near the baseline, and if the CPU sticks to the net ; it's far from automatic, but it happens sometimes ; but the problem is that the CPU usually doesn't stick to the net before he hits 2 or 3 volleys. Defensive lobs never gives a winner, though (except maybe if your opponent is super slow & you got lucky
2. It might be a twisted serve : the ball is usually slow enough so you can do a B1 shot within the Danger Zone without too much penalties
3. Yup, defender style with high topspin skill is slightly overpowered (especially on clay) ; also Federer isn't exactly Federer, as there's no special AI for him, nor special ability (ie: no early ball hit), so he's noticeably less good than in real life, while the Defender style fits well Nadal's style (ie: no need much brain to play like Nadal, unlike Fed
I did a few test matches, and the results were a bit more fair than yours ; I took best Nadal vs best Federer (from the Season mode player select screen), which gives Nadal 1899 points & Fed 1914 :
- Rafael Nadal (Pro10) def. Roger Federer (Pro10) : 6/3 6/4 - BG Cement
- Rafael Nadal (Pro10) def. Roger Federer (Pro10) : 6/4 4/6 6/4 - Indoor Hard
- Rafael Nadal (Pro10) def. Roger Federer (Pro10) : 4/6 6/0 6/0 - Clay
- Roger Federer (Pro10) def. Rafael Nadal (Pro10) : 7/5 6/3 - Grass
Fed got his stamina depleted after 1st set on clay...
it shows the problem with AI that defends significantly better than it attacks, and thus they do too long rallies way too often...
CPU vs CPU matches is something I'd like to improve a lot if I get to work on TEM2.