Lost in new versions

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Lost in new versions

Postby Brecht » 16 Jun 2012, 21:20

Hello Manu,

I've a job, I've a life, I know it's no excuse but ...

... I do check here regularly and try to keep in touch with the new features and so on, but in the end I find it impossible to keep in mind every new setting I would like to use. Some users make suggestions I find interesting, you add them to the game, but if I'm not able to try them immediately, there is no way I can find easily where and how there are to be set. You know, like when you don't answer an e-mail immediately :confused2: ... I'm talking of course of the settings that are not visible in the usual menus. I know the answer is in the forum, either in the explanation you give with the new updates, or/and because someone like me didn't find out where and how and is asking. But after a few days/weeks/years, it becomes impossible (well, at least tedious :coffee:) to find them again - provided I remember they may exist. For example, I mean the possibility to modify the CPU player's speed; the feminisation in the training club (I found this one, because it's rather recent); the hidden new anims/gestures; the short slice ... Rather than feeling my self-insurance decreasing with each page of the forum I browse in vain (but it can't be that old, April 2010!! :shaking:), I would love to open a documentation page where everything is listed, even not in a logical sequence. It would be a shame if all the possibilities of the game remained confidential, don't you think?
Brecht
crazy of the little yellow ball

Gaming Since: 04 Jan 2009, 23:23

Re: Lost in new versions

Postby manutoo » 17 Jun 2012, 05:36

Hello,

yup, it's a bit messy, but :
- slice strike & nadal strike are explained in the doc, at the end (but only in the one that's bundled with the game, not the one on the website)
- most of "hidden" settings are actually explained within the Tennis.ini
- "hidden" gestures (& a bunch of other stuff) are explained from the "How To Mod >>FAQ<< topic" (ie: there are links in it to many topics with explanations about different stuff)

Thus said, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a topic that lists everything ; you're welcome to create it, if you want to ; and I'd even give you the Big Modder status so you could edit your 1st post in that topic..! :yes:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Postby Brecht » 18 Jun 2012, 17:57

Thanks for the answer and the offer, but I made the remark because I feel a bit lost, so I won't trust myself to do something clear ...
I'm aware of the indications in the tennis.ini, but there are not explicit enough for my taste. It's clear, I think, only if one is aware of the discussion that took place on the forum, either in the French or the English part, before you implemented them. As it is, I don't feel able to cope with that ...
And I didn't consider the short slice or the Nadal strike like "cheat" shots :P , they're fair enough for me :D . But I can admit there are different kinds of logics :wink: .
Brecht

Gaming Since: 04 Jan 2009, 23:23

Postby manutoo » 19 Jun 2012, 04:12

Often, you can enter the parameter name of the .ini in the search field of the Forum, to get additional info. (it's usually what I do when someone asks a question about a parameter that already has been answered)
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Return to Tennis Elbow