I don't think I'd win 1 rally even before to run out of accelerations...
What could be more interesting is that I take the counter, you take the PB and you play without acceleration, if I could beat you like this, maybe it'd mean the PB is overpowered...
>> Florian, vamos rafa, Mohamed = counters
That explains they know what they're talking about while you don't..?
That explains that they want an overpowered counter style
And, you're wrong about the last thing, I've beaten all of them with counter in exhibitons before and won Montpellier by using counter during the whole tournament for the FIRST time (
), what a lame style
I'll tell you a nice story...my first ever set with counter vs Florian counter => 6-2
Though I think overall counter suits him more, that's not the point...the point is its advantages are lame. Let's see again:
1. Speed bonus of up to 7.5 kmh on fast incoming balls when using the normal or spin strike from their FEET. What? Nearly 10 kmh? Are you serious?
2. Their accelerations are in the range from 130-145 most of the time which is the exact same case with punchers/PBs
You don't get too many 150s in a tough rally as a baseliner
So, unlimited accelerations are completely unjustified as they ONLY really hit slower on putaway balloon balls where baseliners are able to hit 150s. I'll talk about slices below
3. They have a problem with slow balls? Really?
If you give them slow slices they can hit a few short cross accelerations, and since the speed of players isn't like before that will eventually be a winner pretty easily as it becomes physically impossible to reach some of the angles with the turtle players
So, SLOW BALLS against counters are ALSO USELESS
4. Counters have faster and possibly deeper returns than other styles, and if they hit the baseline and the opponent DOES NOT HAVE 100% counter, he/she cannot use the normal strike to defend that and has to slice => easy winner soon after that in most cases. On the contrary, when I hit a HUGE return on the baseline against someone like Florian, he uses his lame advantage from Point 1 above and even gains an ADVANTAGE in the point immediately even though I was the one who hit a HUGE return
5. Why on Earth would counter players have a bigger jump than punchers LOL? Tsonga is a puncher and has a huge jump
Tell me one counter player that volleys better than Tsonga? Actually, why on Earth would anyone have a bigger jump than anyone (Nadal jumps fine at net and he's a defender)? Do you understand the volleying concept at all? The "jump" should depend only on the height of the players and not their style (and maybe on the agility, but we don't have such a stat so...)
Let me know when you are able to understand the simple tennis concepts above, it could take a while it seems