Players.atp file changed after new patch

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Players.atp file changed after new patch

Postby ian » 22 May 2011, 22:35

My world tour save is now invalid. The patch changed the players.atp to the original one and my edited one is gone. Please tell me there is something I can do, as i was in 2020 of the tour
ian

Re: Players.atp file changed after new patch

Postby manutoo » 23 May 2011, 05:14

Hello,

you have 4 choices :
1- if you installed the full setup (not the patch) only once, then your modified bases have been renamed with "-LastUsed"
2- redo the changes you did
3- find a Delorean, go back in past, and do a backup before installing the new version ;)
4- try Glary Undelete, although I'm not sure it'll work coz maybe the files were overwritten instead of deleted
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Re: Players.atp file changed after new patch

Postby SC Tom » 02 Jun 2011, 18:32

Having run into this in the past, before I install a new version or update patch, I make a copy of tennis.ini and players.atp.ini. Then, after the installation, if the date is newer than my old one, I rename the new one (Just in case :) ), then rename the copy to replace it. That way it keeps any customizations I've made to the players.

Usually tennis.ini doesn't change, but a couple of times it has, and all my video settings were over-written, and I had to set up almost everything from scratch. Usually I compare the sections in the new to my original, and if there are other sections that have changed, I just copy and paste my 3D settings into the new one. That way I don't lose any of the new features that Manutoo has added to the game.

BTW, great game still :applause: :dance: :applause:
SC Tom
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball

Gaming Since: 22 Feb 2009, 17:25

Return to Tennis Elbow