Music not working in Windows 10?

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Music not working in Windows 10?

Postby Adam XT » 29 Aug 2016, 13:41

Hello, I have played the exact same copy of the game which is the latest version with Maxou Mod on Windows 7 with no issues. But when I play it on windows 10 the music is switched off by default. I click to turn Music option on and when I click accept it freezes for a short while then it goes back to music off in the audio menu. So I was wondering if this is a Windows 10 issue and if there is a way around it.
Adam XT
court crocodile
court crocodile

Gaming Since: 06 Aug 2013, 13:40

Re: Music not working in Windows 10?

Postby manutoo » 30 Aug 2016, 08:54

Hello,

reinstall the game and/or manually install the .ogg DirectShow Filter => http://xiph.org/dshow/ .
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Postby Adam XT » 31 Aug 2016, 20:44

Hello again thank you for the response! I have installed the software and it fixed the issue!

But I was going to install a vanilla and a ITST Mod version of the game on my computer so I re downloaded the latest version of the game. Once I installed both with and without the ITST Mod the game runs at 50fps for some reason on W10. Yet when I go back to my Maxiou version on W10 which I initially installed on w7 then moved over to another PC with W10, it still runs at 60fps. Yet when I go back on windows 7 all versions run at 60 fps! Also on the ITST Mod the Direct X9 option isn't available in the options which is perhaps more to do with the mod?

I would like to know what the issue is and that the other versions can run as well on W10 as they can on W7, since I will be getting a new PC soon and I don't know whether to just reinstall 7 or upgrade to 10 as this is the game I play the most right now so I need it to run well!
Adam XT
court crocodile
court crocodile

Postby manutoo » 01 Sep 2016, 08:19

Video settings might be different between your 2 installations, check them.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Postby Adam XT » 01 Sep 2016, 12:36

I looked at the settings and the screen setting was slightly different on default as it didn't show the refresh rate/ 32 bit options. So I changed it to a different one and all is OK now! For some reason when I install the ITST mod the Direct x9 setting doesn't show just 7 and 8 but it runs fine on W10 now I have changed the screen settings.
Adam XT
court crocodile
court crocodile

Postby ComeonANDY!! » 01 Sep 2016, 13:47

Adam XT wrote:For some reason when I install the ITST mod the Direct x9 setting doesn't show just 7 and 8 but it runs fine on W10

Can you access your menu with the scoreboards in to update it? Inside your language file, find this line: DXTL02 DirectX 8 and change the 8 to 9. It doesn't matter if you can't because you're still using Directx9 ... ':D
ComeonANDY!!
crazy of the little yellow ball

Gaming Since: 10 Jul 2012, 21:47

Postby Adam XT » 01 Sep 2016, 18:39

ComeonANDY!! wrote:Can you access your menu with the scoreboards in to update it? Inside your language file, find this line: DXTL02 DirectX 8 and change the 8 to 9. It doesn't matter if you can't because you're still using Directx9 ... ':D

Where is the language file?
Adam XT
court crocodile
court crocodile

Postby ComeonANDY!! » 02 Sep 2016, 11:25

Inside the Menu folder - look for lang_english for example! If you can't find the Menu folder, it's probably hidden inside a pak file.
ComeonANDY!!

Gaming Since: 10 Jul 2012, 21:47

Return to Tennis Elbow