Starting career on Pro?

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Starting career on Pro?

Postby Andy » 24 Jul 2009, 17:20

Has anyone done this with any success in the first few tournaments? I played Tennis Elbow 2006 a lot and loved it and managed to get to number 1 on Pro but I have just started a new career on Tennis Elbow 2009 on Pro and I have played 5 matches so far and lost 6-0 6-0 in every match, I am playing Futures qualifying aswell :shock:

It seems I have put myself in the deep end too early by starting on Pro but Pro isn't even the highest level of difficulty so if I can't even win a game on Pro then how hard is this game??
Andy

Re: Starting career on Pro?

Postby Togtdyalttai » 24 Jul 2009, 18:42

It all depends on your stats. I was able to start on Incredible and have been pretty successful: http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic15-2249.php
2010 Singles: 66-10 (no wo (4))
2010 Doubles: 21-11
2009 Singles: 105-14 (no WO (6))
2009 Doubles: 11-8
Best Results:
'10: W: AO, Miami, Casa, Barca, Rome, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Cincy
'09: W: 13 including Rome, Madrid, RG, Wimby, Cincy, USO
Togtdyalttai
crazy of the little yellow ball

Gaming Since: 05 Sep 2008, 00:06

Postby Santiago92 » 24 Jul 2009, 19:57

I have recently started a career on Pro sublevel 7 and I won 4 tournaments and loss only 1 match until now against Roger Federer in an ATP tournament (I received a Wild Card). Maybe you can try playing on Junior sublevel 10.
Santiago92

Gaming Since: 23 Jan 2008, 18:42

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2009, 22:24

What is sub-level all about? Is it how fast the opponents are or something? :? I have it on level 10.

The reason I started on a hard difficulty was because I always like to set myself a big challenge and even if it takes a while to win matches then i'll stick at it but with this I cannot win a single game!

Postby manutoo » 25 Jul 2009, 05:14

Guest, even in future, you can meet a lot of players with skill in the 40-50's. If you didn't play the game a lot already, you have no chance to be able to beat them (except if u're born with a pad in ur hands ;) ). But if you also cannot win a game against the players with skills only in the 20's, then you should really consider to lower the difficulty. The SubLevel allows you to fine tune it. Pro-5 is about mid-distance between Junior-10 & Pro-10.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Postby Andy » 25 Jul 2009, 19:52

Ok thanks i'll try Pro but level 5 :) I want a good challenge but not extremely hard.
Andy

Postby tati cornet » 25 Jul 2009, 21:07

i will ask my eternel question here :p

does world tour allow you to improve forever (maybe winning points to add in your profile) and then to improve in the tournaments (hamburg and indianapolis this week).

because i only play tournaments and not world tour, then i wonder if your level can change with it.
tati cornet

Gaming Since: 11 Aug 2008, 00:27

Postby Santiago92 » 25 Jul 2009, 23:02

I don't think so Tati, World Tour is very different from tournaments, I can play very good on Master Sub-level 9 on World Tour and 60% in forehand and backhand, but I'm horrible in tournaments :?

Anyway, for me World Tour is the funniest thing of Tennis Elbow :D
Santiago92

Gaming Since: 23 Jan 2008, 18:42

Postby Fabry » 25 Aug 2009, 13:20

I'm playing at junior level 8 currently. I'm at the beginning so I have FH BH at 35%, speed 50%, service 25-30 and other very low stats. I can win against poor 10-15% players, but against players as strong as me I lose making 1-2 games per set. I think mostly because I have no patience. I try to do winners but, maybe due to my actual lack of power, the CPU gets almost all of them until I throw one outside :oops:

Any advices for an unexperienced player? :D
Fabry

Postby Fabry » 26 Aug 2009, 13:28

A great match finally! Against a player with similar stats to me on a Future, I won 7-6 7-6! :) hitting 55 winners and 34 unforced errors :roll: I play as a power baseliner.
Without all these error, due to my constant searching of the lines, I could have won easily. In the second set i was leading 5-2 and then went down 5-6! This game is great, it makes me nervous like I was really near my first victory of the carreer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fabry

Postby manutoo » 27 Aug 2009, 05:58

Fabry, it looks like you find the advice you needed by urself : play more..! ;)
If you already can beat the Junior-8 , it means you more or less know the game well enough already, and just need to practice more to play even better..! :yes:
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Postby Fabry » 27 Aug 2009, 09:50

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying the carreer now. It's realistic, sometimes I win sometimes I lose. Yesterday I lost a crazy match 3-6 6-2 1-6 :blackeye:

The only thing I'd want is more variety, now to do points there are 2 things: drop shot and then pass'em, and accelerate on the lines, with all the risks connected :D
Fabry

Return to Tennis Elbow