Impossible to hit the ball long?

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Impossible to hit the ball long?

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2008, 20:45

Hi

1- I've been enjoying the demo for several hours but I've yet to hit the ball long. I've missed to the sides and into the net, but I never hit the ball long. I find that unrealistic but maybe it's just my playing style? I've tried hitting it long on purpose but I can't! How do I hit the ball long?

2- Another thing. Does the AI take into consideration if I only serve to one side? For instance, if I continue to hit aces to one side would the AI then move a little further to that side when returning in order stop me from hitting aces all the time? It doesn't seem like that?

Postby manutoo » 11 Nov 2008, 06:36

Hello,

1- it means u already play a bit well... ;)
To hit the ball long, u have to prepare ur strike too late, and preferably with a bad position from the ball (but not too bad, coz then, u'll send it in the net).
With the aiming helper on, u'll see at 1st it's very big and a part is going after the baseline. It's in this case the ball may be too long.

2- No, the CPU doesn't anticipate ur serve... I may add it in the future, but it's a delicate matter... :?
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
manutoo
Game Author

Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38

Re: Impossible to hit the ball long?

Postby paranoid » 16 Nov 2008, 10:00

I hit the ball long quite often..maybe it's because I put zero topspin in my build?
I also notice the tendency to make an error in long rally will increase with time. Is this affected by low stamina?
paranoid
tennis enthusiastic
tennis enthusiastic

Gaming Since: 16 Nov 2008, 09:54

Return to Tennis Elbow