How to flatten out strokes

General discussions about the tennis games Tennis Elbow
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby Algo » 04 Jan 2014, 22:28

Yeah, their defending potential
I get the feeling they can even forget about attacking at all and just get everything back right on your feet at bounce and get it above your shoulder when you have to hit it with their top spin, 95% of the times.

It also leads to a very effective return too btw
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2347
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby manutoo » 05 Jan 2014, 05:07

yasinozkan,
the pay isn't that great => http://nasajobs.nasa.gov/jobs/entrypay.htm ... ':D

Algo,
yup, S.Williamz was the 1st to dominate the Tour right after the release of TE2009, and the only 0% Topspin Powerbaseliner (AFAIR).

>> Man it's impossible to play them
Are you referring to your recent 0/6 0/6 loss ? Do you have the .dmo ?

Elias,
as your message outlines it, rebalancing the topspin has a lot of consequences, so it'll probably stay like that in TE2013.
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15783
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby Algo » 05 Jan 2014, 05:11

manutoo wrote:

[b]Algo
,
yup, S.Williamz was the 1st to dominate the Tour right after the release of TE2009, and the only 0% Topspin Powerbaseliner (AFAIR).

>> Man it's impossible to play them
Are you referring to your recent 0/6 0/6 loss ? Do you have the .dmo ?


Don't say it so out loud :fear:
I'm pullin' a you-may-know-who (a.k.a bein' a sore loser), but at least with -I think- some arguments :fear:

Sampreas has some matchs that were played in Fair/Elite between heavy spinners and ballbashers. Tho' I didn't see them, I'd guess that was even worse. :whistle:






I was told my positioning sucked btw, it may be more of that than a topspin problem -at least this time- but I'd want to know if there's anything you could do to tweak it or balance again, even if longterm (TE4 or however that's gonna be called perhaps?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tour Mod.

Tour issues by PM or Skype.
If you don't add me nor send me a PM, you might see your chances reduced. Inform me about anything that might have went on with your matches BEFORE deadlines, otherwise, decisions won't be changed.
Algo
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2347
Gaming Since: 11 May 2008, 20:17
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby Heinrich von Westphalen » 05 Jan 2014, 07:30

Algo wrote:I was told my positioning sucked btw, it may be more of that than a topspin problem -at least this time- but I'd want to know if there's anything you could do to tweak it or balance again, even if longterm (TE4 or however that's gonna be called perhaps?)

I think you receive a false impression by top spin. In our match I used only 40 at top spin ... the key versus Nadalesque & Co. is to participate. In my match versus him (2/6 6/2 6/2) I played very aggressive in first set, unfortunaly I lost to much stamina which made me fade away ...

Kind regards,
Heinrich von Westphalen.
Heinrich von Westphalen
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1479
Gaming Since: 12 Dec 2012, 05:48
Location: Germany

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby Elias » 05 Jan 2014, 09:02

Heinrich von Westphalen wrote:I think you receive a false impression by top spin. In our match I used only 40 at top spin ... the key versus Nadalesque & Co. is to participate. In my match versus him (2/6 6/2 6/2) I played very aggressive in first set, unfortunaly I lost to much stamina which made me fade away ...


Though it's a bit sad gameplay wise if the only way to beat a pusher is by pushing back, how exciting (and long) ':D
Elias
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 300
Gaming Since: 17 Jun 2011, 05:00
Location: France

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby Heinrich von Westphalen » 05 Jan 2014, 09:30

Elias wrote:Though it's a bit sad gameplay wise if the only way to beat a pusher is by pushing back, how exciting (and long) ':D

I'm just able to make a clear statement about current settings for default tour by Mana Games. I think there's a good mixture of counters (Kuga #1), defenders (Nadalesque #3) and baseliners (Dasp #7 or StivenT #8), which are all of them play on a high level and compareble each other. Granted, the performance gap between top players (top 15) and the rest is huge but this isn't affected by technical reasons.

In my estimation footwork and experience make the difference ... netcords, short slices, lag, topspin and all the other things which were criticized could be managed by practise. And according some players (I know only two ones) who are using 100 at top spin ... try to hit a winner with this setting.

Kind regards,
Heinrich von Westphalen.
Heinrich von Westphalen
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1479
Gaming Since: 12 Dec 2012, 05:48
Location: Germany

Re: How to flatten out strokes

Postby manutoo » 06 Jan 2014, 08:10

Algo,
I watched 1st set of both matches.
Vs Heinrich ; your level is quite close of him, but your depth positioning ( = up / down) is really 1 step behind him, plus he varies better his game than you, thus the very harsh score (even more as it seems you stepped down a bit after the 1st few games) ; as he said, topspin is not really an element there, except maybe for the short acc, which he uses quite well
Vs Nadal ; there's the topspin is much more prominent, and your problem on depth positioning even more damaging... But I noticed a couple of things that I'll fix in incoming v1.0c (it should be released within 10 days) ; it'll be very subtle and probably won't change the score much against him (mainly the topspin will be limited on some extreme situations)

In TE4 (which won't be due before a looooong time, so don't hold your breath :P ), it'll have a big rehaul of strike precision/imprecision which will incurs a lot of changes to the way topspin work ; so it'll be a good occasion to see again the balance... ;)
ManuTOO
== Mana Games ==

>> I don't answer Private Message, except if it's really a _Private_ topic <<
User avatar
manutoo
Game Author
 
Messages: 15783
Gaming Since: 24 Jan 2004, 15:38
Location: France

Previous

Return to Tennis Elbow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Chris Jacob, noys390 and 2 guests