Suggestions Thread

the place to talk about tennis in general, and any other topic you wish
Forum rules
Speak English and don't hijack topics, troll, use profanities nor insults

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby tati cornet » 28 Jun 2010, 21:59

New rule: all the players using 8-) when they win by retirement are banned :applause: :dance:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
tati cornet
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 1143
Gaming Since: 11 Aug 2008, 00:27
Location: france

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby NOLE.LUCKY » 09 Jul 2010, 21:19

I disagree with the name "Blue-Green cement". Tournaments are never played on "cement", it is some special kind of hard turf with some spongy stuff. You may find it all on wikipedia or google. I think the name should be changed to "Blue-Green hard".
User avatar
NOLE.LUCKY
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 388
Gaming Since: 15 Jan 2010, 16:01
Location: India

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby NOLE.LUCKY » 15 Jul 2010, 17:40

Hi
I have another suggestion.
I've seen many players, mainly Asian and non-European or non-American, complaining about lag rule.
Maybe a player should be should be allowed to use lag rule only a limited number of times in a year, or whatever time period. This will help minimize the use of lag rule as well as the unrecognised discrimination against the players from above said areas and (unfair but not unseen) advantage to Europeans and (North) Americans . The RL may be instrumental after a player is finished with its lag rule attempts.
I know this post will get many negative replies, but I just put my thoughts out.
User avatar
NOLE.LUCKY
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 388
Gaming Since: 15 Jan 2010, 16:01
Location: India

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Mr.Schmith » 15 Jul 2010, 21:08

that will just be eww i mean people can be unlucky and get like multiple laggers in one draw so
Mr.Schmith
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 503
Gaming Since: 15 Oct 2009, 12:07
Location: Denmark

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby NOLE.LUCKY » 16 Jul 2010, 08:34

Mr.Schmith wrote:that will just be eww i mean people can be unlucky and get like multiple laggers in one draw so

Now that is being selfish. :annoyed: :annoyed:
Everyone does not have bad connection, it may be the distance.
Now, everytime they cannot suffer because of the distance.
And, let me add this to your knowledge, that there may be some Europeans or, hhhmm, whatever, that create lag by opening applications, then say it is laggy, ask for lag rule, and at the time of checking connections, they may just close applications or any other processes, and then the connection is better with the mods in the west than the eastern players :bounce:
There has to be some sought of balancing.
User avatar
NOLE.LUCKY
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 388
Gaming Since: 15 Jan 2010, 16:01
Location: India

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Florian » 16 Jul 2010, 13:23

NOLE.LUCKY wrote:And, let me add this to your knowledge, that there may be some Europeans or, hhhmm, whatever, that create lag by opening applications, then say it is laggy, ask for lag rule, and at the time of checking connections, they may just close applications or any other processes, and then the connection is better with the mods in the west than the eastern players :bounce:


Well this is bullshit because when the mods are checking your connexion, there can't be your opponent's "lag creating programs" infecting your connexion anymore. The mods just consider what they see when they try the connexion with you, that's something in which none of the two opponents can lie. Simple. :roll:
Singles 2012
Winner : Indian Wells, Miami, Memphis, Acapulco, Barcelona, Beijing, Halle, 's-Hertogenbosch, Newport, Metz, Bangkok, Stockholm
Final : Wimbledon, Hamburg
SF : Rotterdam, Roland Garros,Toronto
Singles 2011
Winner : Zagreb, Metz, Vienna
Rank #1
User avatar
Florian
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 587
Gaming Since: 03 Jan 2010, 13:32
Location: Paris

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby NOLE.LUCKY » 16 Jul 2010, 18:20

Federer Roger wrote:Well this is bullshit because when the mods are checking your connexion, there can't be your opponent's "lag creating programs" infecting your connexion anymore. The mods just consider what they see when they try the connexion with you, that's something in which none of the two opponents can lie. Simple. :roll:

Well, you got me wrong.
I was ALSO referring to the relative distance of the East-eans (with the mods) with respect to the Europeans. The ping would OBVIOUSLY be small with the Europeans because of their closeness to the mods than the players in the East.
If you read my earlier posts, then, my opinion was posted just to reduce the disadvantage of the players in Asia/East due to the distance.
Yes, obviously there won't be those lag increasing programs, as they would close them by then. I mean, no one would open any program during the connection test when they only have asked for lag rule!!!!!!
User avatar
NOLE.LUCKY
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 388
Gaming Since: 15 Jan 2010, 16:01
Location: India

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Stajus » 16 Jul 2010, 18:26

NOLE.LUCKY wrote:Well, you got me wrong.
I was ALSO referring to the relative distance of the East-eans (with the mods) with respect to the Europeans. The ping would OBVIOUSLY be small with the Europeans because of their closeness to the mods than the players in the East.
If you read my earlier posts, then, my opinion was posted just to reduce the disadvantage of the players in Asia/East due to the distance.
Yes, obviously there won't be those lag increasing programs, as they would close them by then. I mean, no one would open any program during the connection test when they only have asked for lag rule!!!!!!

It's a Tour for fun. I doubt anyone uses the "lag increasing programs" to force a lag rule...And mind you, Indian connections are absolutely horrendous. Ankit has a decent one (lol 10 ms ping with him when I was in Dubai) and a few others, but that's about it...
The TE's all-round and doubles GOAT :cool:
73 titles (7 S + 66 D) + Davis Cup + Team Cup
11 Grand Slam titles in doubles (out of 12 played)
Best singles ranking #3
Best doubles ranking #1
Olympics 2012 - singles bronze, doubles gold
User avatar
Stajus
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 2522
Gaming Since: 15 Jul 2009, 05:36
Location: United Kingdom/Serbia

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby NOLE.LUCKY » 17 Jul 2010, 14:10

Stajus wrote:It's a Tour for fun. I doubt anyone uses the "lag increasing programs" to force a lag rule...And mind you, Indian connections are absolutely horrendous. Ankit has a decent one (lol 10 ms ping with him when I was in Dubai) and a few others, but that's about it...

How are you so sure that it is just the connection and not the distance??
If there is a way to check it, please do let me know. I'm unaware of any such thing to check if it is the bad connection.
User avatar
NOLE.LUCKY
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 388
Gaming Since: 15 Jan 2010, 16:01
Location: India

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby NOLE.LUCKY » 31 Jul 2010, 17:33

ALLOW PROFANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
User avatar
NOLE.LUCKY
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 388
Gaming Since: 15 Jan 2010, 16:01
Location: India

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Fernando Verdasco » 03 Sep 2010, 01:44

Tog this is a link to my suggestion: topic23-3639.php

:D
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
Fernando Verdasco
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 177
Gaming Since: 20 Sep 2009, 16:24
Location: Canada

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Fernando Verdasco » 05 Sep 2010, 20:31

Maybe having different conditions in different locations...? IDK if that would work or if players would like it but it would make the game more realistic as they're r very rarely perfect conditions. But i doubt the top players would like the wind at all.... :whistle:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
Fernando Verdasco
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 177
Gaming Since: 20 Sep 2009, 16:24
Location: Canada

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby nikuson » 01 Nov 2010, 06:58

nikuson wrote:good... record the semi-final and final, post it in forum.
here http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic29-2061.php
then u can vote the best match in year...


LOL!!!! it seem nobody care this topic
My new suggestion.... remove this topic :applause:
nikuson
court stakhanovite
court stakhanovite
 
Messages: 45
Gaming Since: 26 Dec 2009, 15:19
Location: Vietnam

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Fernando Verdasco » 07 Nov 2010, 21:41

Here's a suggestion: Limit the overall ability to a certain number (say 80). Players can use the points for anything; forehand, speed, power, volley, .. whatever. Just make it impossible to have the overall skill above the number that's set. This will make it more fun because it would mean players would be som much more original than right now in the game. On the good games for sports (ex: Top SPin 3) They limit the overall ability to 70. Everyone has a different skill level for each skill so there's way more variety among the players' style.
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
Fernando Verdasco
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 177
Gaming Since: 20 Sep 2009, 16:24
Location: Canada

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Mr.Schmith » 08 Nov 2010, 00:12

finally a real suggestion
Mr.Schmith
crazy of the little yellow ball
crazy of the little yellow ball
 
Messages: 503
Gaming Since: 15 Oct 2009, 12:07
Location: Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests